DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When you take delivery of the Mavic. What next?

Mahoosiv

Reactions
So, I've been waiting for this thing to arrive for 2 months like most people and now it's here on my desk I get the strangest feeling!

It's very strange, almost a desire just to gaze at it, a little bit in disbelief (no matter how many videos I watched its still exceeded my expectations initially) and I have to admit - some trepidation about flying it is creeping in..

Anyone else had this experience? Now that its finally here - and after F5'ing for England all day, having a disastourous adventure with Hermes losing it in transit, not to mention not knowing if it would ever actually ship from Maplins - I'm actually happy just to sit and look at the box...

I got mine yesterday. Yes, even with my fleet of DJI birds, I too was a little intimidated. I put all batteries on charge and went to look at where the hell the data card was (note in what's in the box). That kept me busy. The rest was a methodical go through of every element/component and pre-flight list. I put my S6 in the holder and powered all up with props off and an update installed in under one minute. I do see that there is a new Firmware issued today, so I will go through that experience when I get home from work.
I flew two batteries yesterday, one with the phone in and one with just the controller. Very nice flying kit (as the Brits would say). I shot some video and ended up deleting all of it because there are a few things that it does differently from my Inspire 1. Forward travel with yaw and aileron in a wide banking turn does not make for a pretty video. I just need to fly it more like a phantom.
I do like it and I look forward to having at available (easy pack) for many spontaneous flights. That's where the good pictures and video come from.

Lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078