DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are all the cruise ships?

Garp

Reactions
Hundreds of them with their engines idling at anchor all over the world

3 are preparing to dock in Hampton Roads VA to resupply and will be docked there until some time in June.

Reactions: Garp
Hundreds of them with their engines idling at anchor all over the world
You'll find that Marinetraffic.com has a much better network of shore stations.
It even shows the vessels in your area.

Wonder how long it'll take before they will get back in action, how long until people might feel comfortable enough getting on a cruise ship again ?
I imagine in a CV world we have now, that they will not be the same experience ever again.
Lots of social distancing, rules regarding all manner of contact and hygiene, ports of call processes (bans ?).
These ships were certainly often a cesspit of germs before CV hit, and obviously aren't going to be a good place to be with it in our lives from here on.

Will we close the economy down next time we get a bad flu season?
You're right about the ships, ppl are dirtbags and if you put enough of them together they pollute the environment like hippos in a waterhole.

You should come and have a look! Bring a drone, my veranda is a great place to fly from:)

Maybe someday Garp, I noticed your verandah outlook :)
I've driven to Sydney and up to Brisbane a couple of times, doing some deliveries along the way, usually when I have a few larger orders to make it worthwhile.
See brother in law and his family in Gosford, brother up in Brissy, often I'll stay there a few weeks and work for him helping out, then back to catch up on work here.
I have a lot of customers right around the coast, so maybe sometime I'll go via Melbourne and right around, need to take my time though, the coast right through there is magic.

I'm always up for a visit from fellow droners:)
What do you do?

Lots of driving mostly !! ?

I do specialty kiln formed glass (20 years).
Also do a lot of timber work in with that, frames etc.

Auto body repair, panel / paint (40 years).
And PDR - paintless dent removal (nearly 6 years on that) . . . hail, car park door / trolley dents, creases, and scrapes etc.

Love variety of work, interesting and it keeps me busy.

How about you ?
Long term in town there or a sea change / retired ?

I did some work for a fella in Melbourne who was making glass with a kiln. I've always been fascinated. It's quite incredible that sand can become transparent. I'd love to find a fulgurite.
You sound too busy to fly drones.

I did some work for a fella in Melbourne who was making glass with a kiln. I've always been fascinated. It's quite incredible that sand can become transparent. I'd love to find a fulgurite.
You sound too busy to fly drones.

Have spent a little time with a fella doing hot glass here, I do mostly industrial products, but have done a little glass fusing and casting too for a little fun.
Suppose keep an eye on lightning along the beach there you might get lucky with the fulgurite . . . would be rare to find one, suppose you'd have to see the strike and go looking.

Sadly I am often too busy to get out and fly, mostly when I go for big outback drives, or take the Spark to Brissy on the plane I can get a flight or two in on weekends.
Doing a CV quiet time laundry reno now too, missus just emptied it the other day, chipped off the floor and wall tiles, so looks like I've got 4 or 5 days in there too in the coming weeks fitting tiles, painting, new cupboards, benchtop, sink, linen recess doors, plumbing changes.
And a 3 day trip to Melbourne this Fri - Sun deliveries and visit son.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix