DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are flight log .txt files stored on Fly 1.5.1?

scro

Reactions
In earlier versions of Fly the flight logs used to be easy to find. Now, after a few app updates I went to get a log file and can't seem to find any anywhere either in TXT or DAT format. I've disabled auto-uploading, so it shouldn't be automatically deleting them. Any guidance on where to find the logs on newer app versions?

Reactions: mariocofre
For me using a windows computer and an Android phone

Computer / Phone's name / Phone / Android / data / dji.go.v5 / files / FlightRecord

Reactions: scro
Thanks for the quick reply! I've plugged my phone (android) into a windows computer and indeed they're all there! ThumbswayupI was using my phone's file browser and that doesn't seem to be able to view all the contents of the phone properly.

Interestingly I seem to have 2 dji.go.v5 folders on the phone. One in the location you describe, and another in:

Phone's Name / DJI / dji.go.v5

This second location doesn't contain the FlightRecord folder and appears to be an older version of the app (most recent file dates are around Oct 2021). Also, when using my phone's file browser it see the folder, but doesn't see the contents of: .... / Phone / Android / data, despite having "show all files" enabled.

Reactions: mariocofre
I recollect checking an old app version and seem to remember that both dji.go.v5 folders exist in that along with duplication of dji.go.v4 & v3? etc..
I have seen it said that the 'move' has something to do with security protocols of new Android releases etc. or something like that. But why it should apply on old Android version I have no idea.

I also recollect that in-phone file browsers may need to be given permission to find the logs in the new 'location' or maybe an after market file browser is needed. I rarely look for a log via an in-phone browser so didn't pay that much attention. I think that discussion was on the DJI forum.

Reactions: scro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e