DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where can I get a replacement camera lens unit?

Alex of Smeg

Reactions
Firstly, the reason I need one:
Been having trouble with the camera on my Mavic Pro. It will not focus on anything, the whole screen is just super blurry. I can tap on screen and it makes the noise as if it has gained focus but still just a blur. Even in MF, I can go through the entire focal range and it won't focus on anything. It's as if the mechanism is only operating in a portion of its entire focal range. For example if macro was 0% and infinity was 100%, it only seems to operate between 80-100% - you can kinda see this in the video linked below:
Link to Video demonstrating issue

Also, the auto exposure doesn't seem to operate properly.

All I can think is that it's a hardware issue - the camera focus mechanism is faulty. I have tried everything I've been advised to such as:

Checked all camera settings both in Auto and Manual
Calibrate IMU, gimbal, compass
Reset camera settings
Downgraded to previous firmwares and also updated back to latest on both AC and RC
Factory Reset
Removed SD card
Uninstalled and reinstalled android app
Tried using different android device

So I have pulled this camera off, where can I get a replacement one of these, delivered to UK.???

20200408_151055.jpg

Alternatively if anyone has any other ideas to try in terms of software?

Hmm, this could be complex.
With both camera focus and exposure problems, could the camera be ok, and it more of a camera electronics issue ?

I don't know, but it'd be terrible to get another camera and not fix the problem there, then there's still the exposure issue.

Why is there a gpa in your focus bar ?
I'm sure mine is solid gray background, no white break half way.
Like this . . .

210345wwoctu077cchlr2s.jpg

Maybe it's an android thing.

I take it there is no option to try DJI repair or a more local competent repair place ?
It's just easier for places like that to try a new camera / gimbal assembly, see if it fixes something, it it doesn't dig deeper.
Hard to work out what's wrong in this case with self repair.

I wish you luck getting to the bottom of it, at least you might have a bit of time there to dig into it a bit.

Oh, I googled > uk mavic pro camera unit

Got a few vague hits, most with gimbal / camera complete, but similar searches may yield other results.

I do know one US forumite found a camera unit only on ebay US, I couldn't find one when I looked at the time though (out of interest, mine's fine).

I think its an android thing. it's the same as your blue bar on your focus, just white instead.
I suspect going through dji will be very tiresome, time consuming and probably end up costing a lot more than trying myself. Just thinking if I can get hold of the actual camera I can try and see if it works. if it costs me a few quid and it doesn't work then so be it, at least I'll have a spare.
Yea I've seen the full gimbal assemblies for that kind of price. But I'm hoping to find the camera lens (and camera electronics are inside this unit btw) cheaper than that. Maybe someone has a damaged drone that they are breaking up and selling spares...

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian