DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you order your Mini 3 Pro from?

Kaldish

Reactions
And why that particular store? Are there any perks from ordering the drone from DJI Website compared to, let's say, Amazon?

Are there any perks from ordering the drone from DJI Website compared to, let's say, Amazon?
This can be beneficial if you order the day a new drone is released. New drone models aren't always available at Amazon, Best Buy, etc. as soon as the DJI Store starts shipping.

If you order from the DJI Store, you'll get 1% back for a future purchase. See more details here.

At this point, if all you care about is getting a Mini 3 Pro as soon as possible, then order here on Amazon. Or pick one up from a local store (if you have any DJI dealers nearby).

I bought mine from Omniview Tech, my almost-local shop.

Decided to buy local to support the shop, and also because if I have trouble they are very good at customer service.

Bought from DJI online store because they will have a record of your purchase and in case there are reimbursements they can send to your DJI account. Like last time, RC Pro smart controller was sold cheaper with Air 2S, so DJI returned the difference to people who had bought Mavic 3 and RC Pro earlier. That being said, however, other retailers may have special discounts which could be tempting.

I bought mine from Crutchfield. Because they have a 60 day return policy. With all the trouble this drone was having, I wanted to have plenty of time to see if DJI was going to get all the problems ironed out so I could return it if they didn't.

But, it seems like they are working to get this thing fixed, so I am about 80% sure I'll probably keep it.

Amazon because of the easy returns process. DJI are a pain in the *** in the UK as you have to send to the EU which required paperwork and other rubbish now.

Bought first time directly from DJI instead of Amazon, because of expedited delivery time.
Colleague bought from Amazon, got it 5 days earlier though. 😆

And why that particular store? Are there any perks from ordering the drone from DJI Website compared to, let's say, Amazon?
I’m in Canada and bought M3Pro from Amazon, for timing of receiving, however turned out I could have picked up locally at drdrone.ca in the same timeframe but not expected. I try to support local businesses…most of the time.

I have bought last two from large box retailer & from DJI directly too. Easy ordering with DJI and shows on your DJI account history if you have any issues. I have found DJI customer service to be great - prompt and address everything with drones and action cameras.

I now buy a lot of this type of stuff from B&H Photo in NYC. They have this deal, now with Comenity Bank which issues a B&H "Payboo" credit card. When you order stuff paying with the Payboo card they discount the tax. My area has a very high sales tax rate of 10.25% So with the last purchase of the Mini 3 Pro/wRC Pro plus the FMC+ I saved $119 through B&H, the tax savings almost paying for half the FMC+. A few months back I ordered an iPad Mini6 and saved approx $72 in tax there.

In addition to the tax savings I find their customer service to be quite good. My Mini 3 was "out for delivery" for 3 days (don't ask) and they helped get it delivered and even set aside a replacement for me if the shipment was declared lost.

I now buy a lot of this type of stuff from B&H Photo in NYC. They have this deal, now with Comenity Bank which issues a B&H "Payboo" credit card. When you order stuff paying with the Payboo card they discount the tax. My area has a very high sales tax rate of 10.25% So with the last purchase of the Mini 3 Pro/wRC Pro plus the FMC+ I saved $119 through B&H, the tax savings almost paying for half the FMC+. A few months back I ordered an iPad Mini6 and saved approx $72 in tax there.

In addition to the tax savings I find their customer service to be quite good. My Mini 3 was "out for delivery" for 3 days (don't ask) and they helped get it delivered and even set aside a replacement for me if the shipment was declared lost.
Our Canadian sales tax - 15% in my area. Trade ya for your “very high sales tax”?!?

Our Canadian sales tax - 15% in my area. Trade ya for your “very high sales tax”?!?
You guys have a VAT tax of sorts. When I lived in Mexico it was way worse there. Every time a product changed hands they hit the product with an IVA tax at 16%. A computer, printer, etc and pretty much anything that started with an importer, to a distributor to a retailer pretty much doubled the price of the same product in the US. The only saving grace is that in Mexico advertised prices include the tax so you know what the out-of-pocket cost was going to be before going to the cash register.

I always thought that sales tax was predatory. The rich easily absorb the extra sales tax fees while the poor feel the significant burden of them. I have long been an advocate of any and all taxes being associated with income and only income.

Every time a product changed hands they hit the product with an IVA tax at 16%. A computer, printer, etc and pretty much anything that started with an importer, to a distributor to a retailer pretty much doubled the price of the same product in the US.
A value added tax (which is what the GST is) only applies to the added value (hence the name). The intermediaries recover the VAT that they paid, so the final purchaser doesn't pay an accumulation of taxes at each step.

When Canada eliminated the Manufacturers Sales Tax when it brought out the GST the prices of goods on the shelves should have dropped by the amount of the MST (equal to GST) so that final prices shouldn't have changed. Retailers also got a MST refund for the MST that had been charged on their inventory as of the cut-over date, so there was no reason for prices not to drop immediately. What actually happened is that most retailers just slapped GST on the old price, sneaking in a price increase and a bonus refund payment while blaming the government for the higher total price.

Which is a long-winded way of saying I'm sceptical that the Mexican 16% IVA is actually what's doubling the price.

An important fact to note about the Mexico vat tax is that it is an indirect tax that is passed along at each point of a good’s journey from plant to end consumer. The end-consumer is the party that is ultimately responsible for paying the VAT. Each business entity that temporarily takes possession of the goods along the way recovers its portion of the IVA from the next buyer. In this way, the VAT is passed from entity to entity along the supply chain.

A value added tax (which is what the GST is) only applies to the added value (hence the name). The intermediaries recover the VAT that they paid, so the final purchaser doesn't pay an accumulation of taxes at each step.

When Canada eliminated the Manufacturers Sales Tax when it brought out the GST the prices of goods on the shelves should have dropped by the amount of the MST (equal to GST) so that final prices shouldn't have changed. Retailers also got a MST refund for the MST that had been charged on their inventory as of the cut-over date, so there was no reason for prices not to drop immediately. What actually happened is that most retailers just slapped GST on the old price, sneaking in a price increase and a bonus refund payment while blaming the government for the higher total price.

Which is a long-winded way of saying I'm sceptical that the Mexican 16% IVA is actually what's doubling the price.

I hope the US never implements such tax schemes on the Federal level.

The main perks from buying direct from DJI is that you get credits in your account that you can use on any future purchases, also I have found purchasing direct from DJI, generally has faster delivery.

Bought my last 3 DJI drones, including the mini 3 pro RC, from Best Buy. Good return policy and 5% credit.

Reactions: Coskier
Best Buy has done right by me all DJI drones and even Autel drones and Best Buy is just 5 minutes away

I am curious about this, I didn't get a partial refund/ credit for my M3/ RC Pro purchase...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147