DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the best place to buy quality props

I would only use blades that originate from DJI, I assume "pair" means 4 blades.

Absolutely. Seems like props are the most critical component if there is a failure, motors right up there with them... $9 is mousenuts to anyone than can afford a DJI drone. And spare props are part of affording a DJI drone 🙂

I assume "pair" means 4 blades.
Yeah, it's kind of confusing since the Mini has two blades per motor. But, yes, they mean a single "pair" is 4 blades. You'd need 8 blades total (or 2 pair) to replace all of the props.

DJI does a great job of showing what's included in their store photos. So, if in doubt, check the photos to confirm.

Since all your investment hangs on those props and they are really very cheap, probably the lowest cost replacement component on the drone, It would be foolish to skimp on such a small priced item, and risk your entire investment.

I think there have been at least 25 threads on this topic. In the end, the majority will either advise DJI props or Master Airscrew.
Indeed.

And then the question still remains as to why anyone would use Master Airscrew over DJI props. There are no known advantages of flying with Master Airscrew props. And the biggest disadvantage is they will likely void your DJI warranty if they are ever the cause of a crash.

I can only assume it's a brand thing for some people.

Indeed.

And then the question still remains as to why anyone would use Master Airscrew over DJI props. There are no known advantages of flying with Master Airscrew props. And the biggest disadvantage is they will likely void your DJI warranty if they are ever the cause of a crash.

I can only assume it's a brand thing for some people.
It will not void your warranty if you fly and crash with MAS props. I did just that with my Mini 3, and DJI care refresh took care of it without any questions. Same years ago with my Phantom 2.

Why MAS over OEM?
1) Depending on the drone model, the MAS props can change the tone significantly, i.e. quieter. There are numerous YT videos demonstrating this fact.

2) I appreciate the colors. I like the sun shining through the props, giving the illusion of a transparent colored disc over each arm while in flight.
I like the advantage of being able to quickly spot my drone due to the bright color when I land in the bushes or a tree.

It will not void your warranty if you fly and crash with MAS props. I did just that with my Mini 3, and DJI care refresh took care of it without any questions. Same years ago with my Phantom 2.

Even if the MAS props were the cause of the crash?

I'm skeptical DJI would honor warranty or CR under those circumstances, but that's pure speculation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer