DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the best place to buy quality props

It will not void your warranty if you fly and crash with MAS props. I did just that with my Mini 3, and DJI care refresh took care of it without any questions. Same years ago with my Phantom 2.
So, you're saying MAS props failed on you twice, caused two of your drones to crash and be damaged to the point where they needed to be replaced, and you continued buying them anyhow? Scary. It sounds like you should reconsider your prop choice ;)

It does not void the warranty. As a matter of fact, I much prefer Master Airscrew over the OEM.
Indeed. Successfully using Master Airscrew props will definitely not void your warranty. However, as I noted above, it likely will void your warranty if they are the cause of a crash.

For some additional context, it's mentioned here in the DJI Warranty:

1702074308865.png

A known flaw that was noted and corrected by MAS.

Yes, but that's beside the point.

Will MAS stand behind their product and repair or replace your drone if their product causes a crash?

And if so, how good is that promise really? In my experience, almost always not, when the product is some third party accessory that costs a tiny fraction of the product its used on.

A known flaw that was noted and corrected by MAS.
Good to know, but that happened while going around 40mph with the MC. Nothing wild, luckily it landed in the soft part of my fields and only had to do some surgery on the two legs. About the only repair my eyes can handle.

Reactions: ZergSolo
I will not use them again bc one shattered on my DJI FPV

View attachment 170866
I go through a lot of props on my DJI FPV and Avata, both OEM and MAS props. I fly those drones in an entirely different manner than my camera drones and expect to lose a prop to damage when I fly. That isn't saying I shatter props on each flight, but I am prepared for the fact I will break props, especially on the original FPV drone. That thing flies like a rabid potato with fully unprotected props just waiting to slap trees and solid objects!

Last edited:
Even if the MAS props were the cause of the crash?

I'm skeptical DJI would honor warranty or CR under those circumstances, but that's pure speculation.
It has happened to me twice, and with the mini 3 it was due to MAS's cheap screws (which they recalled). DJI didn't bat an eye and sent a refurbished drone. Had I crashed with some 3D printer guy's unproven toroidal home printed props on the drone, DJI may have had an issue.
I've never known of DJI to reject a claim due to external mods like skins, normal props, lights, camera mounts, etc., being on the drone, have you?

I've never known of DJI to reject a claim due to external mods like skins, normal props, lights, camera mounts, etc., being on the drone, have you?
Above, I was referring to a claim under the DJI warranty. If you only mean a DJI Care Refresh claim though, DJI is likely way more lenient on the crashes they will cover.

Long story short, probably best to get DJI Care Refresh if you're planning to fly with MAS props. Or be okay with paying out of pocket if your 3rd party customizations cause a crash.

So, you're saying MAS props failed on you twice, caused two of your drones to crash and be damaged to the point where they needed to be replaced, and you continued buying them anyhow? Scary. It sounds like you should reconsider your prop choice ;)
Assumptions are so often misleading, aren't they.

I've had 2 drones crash while flying with MAS. One crash was unrelated to the props. The other crash that was a result of MAS was due to their screw choice, not the props.

I was one of the first to buy the Phantom 1 drone, and have been flying drones for well over a decade. Do you have any idea how many props I've had to replace on just the Phantom 1 and 2? All OEM btw. Then there were the Yuneec drones, and the 3DR drones, oh, and all the Blade brand drones from Horizon Hobby. I've replaced a lot of props, and I've had a lot of crashes. One was the result of a screw, not the prop itself, but the shoddy screw MAS had in their first batch of Mini 3 Pro props. A shoddy screw to replace the shoddy OEM screws that we all had problems removing.
You can chuckle to yourself about how destructive I must be, but I've only had to make 3 claims with DJI in all my years of flying.

Assumptions are so often misleading, aren't they.
Perhaps. But, you quoted me and then mentioned something completely different.

Above, I was only talking about the DJI warranty. DJI Care Refresh is an entirely different product and covers things that the DJI warranty does not cover.

You can chuckle to yourself about how destructive I must be
BTW, I was not chuckling at you. It sounded like you were saying MAS props kept causing your crashes. But, it turns out you were talking about something entirely different. So, please disregard.

Last edited:
I go through a lot of props on my DJI FPV and Avata, both OEM and MAS props
I used to too, but I upgraded to the Aikon prop adapters and now use a 5mm prop which has improved performance night and day on my FPV. I use Gemfan Hurricane 5236 props and the performance (and durability) is noticeably better.

Reactions: Torque
It has happened to me twice, and with the mini 3 it was due to MAS's cheap screws (which they recalled). DJI didn't bat an eye and sent a refurbished drone. Had I crashed with some 3D printer guy's unproven toroidal home printed props on the drone, DJI may have had an issue.

No, but my database has few entries to draw stats from 😁

I used to too, but I upgraded to the Aikon prop adapters and now use a 5mm prop which has improved performance night and day on my FPV. I use Gemfan Hurricane 5236 props and the performance (and durability) is noticeably better.

Hmmmm... 🤔

Gotta look in to that. Warranty and CR are long since expired on the FPV...

Get an electric micro screwdriver kit to add the adapters, it will save some aggravation with the tiny screws. I got the following off Amazon and it is quite handy, but wished it had a little more torque. It works well changing the Avata’s props too.

iFu Mini Electric Screwdriver, 90 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set – Small Cordless Power Screwdriver with LED Light & 64 Magnetic Bits, Repair Tool for Phone Laptop Camera Watch Computer https://a.co/d/1hAj9lL

Also, do not over-tighten the prop nuts which can cause the props to crack and break. Snug is fine.

Indeed. Successfully using Master Airscrew props will definitely not void your warranty. However, as I noted above, it likely will void your warranty if they are the cause of a crash.

For some additional context, it's mentioned here in the DJI Warranty:

View attachment 170869
And I f I was a dishonest person I would have not mentioned the MAS props and filed my damage as a failure of THEIR props, and made a warranty claim.

But that is not who I am.

And I f I was a dishonest person I would have not mentioned the MAS props and filed my damage as a failure of THEIR props, and made a warranty claim.
Sure, one could make fraudulent claims with any type of insurance (drone related or not). Pretty sure that's illegal in most countries though. And if not illegal, your claim might be denied if it can be deemed fraudulent.

My mention was not to meant to challenge you to explain how you could work the system. I'm just throwing it out there since those people using 3rd party accessories should know there could be some out of pocket cost if things don't go as planned.

Indeed.

And then the question still remains as to why anyone would use Master Airscrew over DJI props. There are no known advantages of flying with Master Airscrew props. And the biggest disadvantage is they will likely void your DJI warranty if they are ever the cause of a crash.

I can only assume it's a brand thing for some people.

"There are no known advantages of flying with Master Airscrew props."
You mean, aside from (at least, for the Mini 3 Pro) a lower perceived sound pitch/volume?

Not to mention, the other colours available, although I still prefer the classy black.

I've flown mine with both brands, & while being unable to test scientifically with a direct side-by-side comparison in controlled environments, the only thing that I can say definitely, is that the sound pitch of the MAS props are lower, which equates to, considering the way the human hearing works, a lower perceived volume.

So, what is already 1 of the quietest drones available, becomes, with the MAS props, even more quiet.

In a related question, is DJI still shipping their new drones, that require a tiny tip screwdriver to remove & install the screws to change prop blades, with that same cheap crappy rubbish toy screwdriver that doesn't fit properly & tends to either wring its flutes off, or bugger the screw heads?

Reactions: Torque
I've flown mine with both brands, & while being unable to test scientifically with a direct side-by-side comparison in controlled environments, the only thing that I can say definitely, is that the sound pitch of the MAS props are lower, which equates to, considering the way the human hearing works, a lower perceived volume.
I suppose. As you know though, no DJI drone is silent enough to fly undetected by other humans. Assuming keeping your your drone safely in the air is most important, then a slightly quieter perceived sound pitch isn't such a great benefit in my mind. Nor are colors you cannot see when your drone is flying high in the sky.

s DJI still shipping their new drones, that require a tiny tip screwdriver to remove & install the screws to change prop blades, with that same cheap crappy rubbish toy screwdriver that doesn't fit properly
You could use a better tool then, no? I never use those cheap child-like toy tools included in any products I buy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2