DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the files?

janbso

Reactions
I cannot find out where is those 13 GB that "is used" on my memory card. None of all the folders you see on the top of the picture has any files. All the folders has 0 bytes.
Skjermbilde 2018-08-18 18.24.14.png

I have formatted the SD disk via Go4App and that gives a complete clean disk. I know that, but after one flight we see those mysterious GB files "is used".
Where is it and what is the content?

The trash folder. It's got nothing to do with the card or Mavic, it's how Macs (arguably stupidly) handle stuff.
So any time you delete something on your mac empty the trash afterwards before ejecting the card.

Kilrah is right. When you pull files to trash on your mac, your mac will create a trash folder on the card itself rather than deleting all together.
The folder is known as .trashes. It in some cases can be hidden depending on settings.

I very seldom take the SDcard out of MA. I use the cable and transfer all my files to my iMac. Then I delete the files on the card. Then I take the card out of the Mac.
Am I doing something wrong? I have looked for that hidden folder on the card on a Windows machine, but cannot see any difference.

I very seldom take the SDcard out of MA. I use the cable and transfer all my files to my iMac. Then I delete the files on the card. Then I take the card out of the Mac.
Am I doing something wrong? I have looked for that hidden folder on the card on a Windows machine, but cannot see any difference.
Make sure your windows machine can see hidden files.;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes