DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where the heck are the goggles?

dinglehead

Reactions
I want them. DJI has gone totally radio silent about them.

I figured we'd hear something around the P4P or I2 release but still nothing.

Reactions: Mr Spock
I would like to hear something about the goggles as well. I wish DJI would have waited a little longer for the P4P until the dust settled from the Mavic orders. I'm sure that has got to slow down Mavic production somewhat. I feel bad for people still waiting for their Mavic to arrive, I just got mine yesterday. Regardless, I don't want to further slow down Mavic production, but just an announcement about when they will be released and more info on specs would be nice.

Reactions: jointeffort
If you don't mind my asking, when was your Mavic order placed? I'm just trying to estimate where I am in the queue.
Unfortunately, I really think it's impossible to estimate when you will get your order. I ordered on Sept 29th from Amazon LLC. I ordered on Oct 13 from Apple. I just received my order from Apple yesterday. Took it on a test flight and seems to be functioning fine so i cancelled my Amazon order today. DJI has been so random with their shipments.

So back to the goggles....

Today I already got the Cardboard goggles mentioned in my latest post and my first impression is very good. My new Sony Xperia XZ works fine with it. I don't have my Mavic yet but I guess the size of the goggles in their box is similar to the Mavic remote and so much much smaller compared to usual cardboard goggles or even the DJI goggles. Now, just my Mavic should arrive and the compatible new Litchi app version should be available on Google Play store...

Today I already got the Cardboard goggles mentioned in my latest post and my first impression is very good. My new Sony Xperia XZ works fine with it. I don't have my Mavic yet but I guess the size of the goggles in their box is similar to the Mavic remote and so much much smaller compared to usual cardboard goggles or even the DJI goggles. Now, just my Mavic should arrive and the compatible new Litchi app version should be available on Google Play store...
I also got a pair of cheap goggles. https://www.amazon.com/BlitzWolf-He...1479526204&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=blitzwold+vr For now, this is my first drone and I've only had 2 short flights (too busy with work and too much crappy weather). After I feel a little more confident, I'll give Litchi a try with my iPhone 6+. I did play around with a few VR apps just to check out the blitzwolf goggles. I was actually pretty impressed with the clarity; better than what I expected.

I will most likely buy the DJI Goggles no matter the cost just to try them out, but If I'm not blown away in comparison to Litchi and my $30 goggles they will be returned. The DJI goggles better be priced sub $400 or be frickin amazing otherwise I can't see people paying big $$$$ for what they can do with Litchi and $30 "cardboard" goggles.

Last edited:
I also got a pair of cheap goggles. https://www.amazon.com/BlitzWolf-He...1479526204&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=blitzwold+vr For now, this is my first drone and I've only had 2 short flights (too busy with work and too much crappy weather). After I feel a little more confident, I'll give Litchi a try with my iPhone 6+. I did play around with a few VR apps just to check out the blitzwolf goggles. I was actually pretty impressed with the clarity; better than what I expected.

I will most likely buy the DJI Goggles no matter the cost just to try them out, but If I'm not blown away in comparison to Litchi and my $30 goggles they will be returned. The DJI goggles better be priced sub $400 or be frickin amazing otherwise I can't see people paying big $$$$ for what they can do with Litchi and $30 "cardboard" goggles.

Has anyone

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilotsheard realistic price is being discussed? I certainly would like to have an idea because I am waiting for the FPV goggles

You really think DJI will take returns on the goggles if you don't like them? I heard they are very hard to deal with as far as returns if there are no defects involved.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You really think DJI will take returns on the goggles if you don't like them? I heard they are very hard to deal with as far as returns if there are no defects involved.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Reviving this thread and answering above...

They will eventually be available at Amazon or Best Buy. They take returns.

Well I received my Mavic fly more combo today! charged everything up, went out and flew around, sweet control! and with the Nvidia shield K1 hdmi out, hooked up my Fat Shark goggles, and it was even better! the only thing I noticed is that this baby moves so fast it slews around on you! which is kinda cool! put it through every function the go app had and performe very well! This bird is rock solid on control, but unlike the P4P and P4 it will not stop on a dime when its moving!!! hold on people you wont be disappointed!!! nice video! and I didn't do ANY firmware updates NOTHING THIS was straight out of the box! I wont change a thing until I see a need to! Ive done this with all my DJI drones and haven't had any issues except when the 3,1 go app came out the first time, and that's why I wont change anything! BUT all in all I like the Mavic!

Reactions: frogracer
Well I received my Mavic fly more combo today! charged everything up, went out and flew around, sweet control! and with the Nvidia shield K1 hdmi out, hooked up my Fat Shark goggles, and it was even better! the only thing I noticed is that this baby moves so fast it slews around on you! which is kinda cool! put it through every function the go app had and performe very well! This bird is rock solid on control, but unlike the P4P and P4 it will not stop on a dime when its moving!!! hold on people you wont be disappointed!!! nice video! and I didn't do ANY firmware updates NOTHING THIS was straight out of the box! I wont change a thing until I see a need to! Ive done this with all my DJI drones and haven't had any issues except when the 3,1 go app came out the first time, and that's why I wont change anything! BUT all in all I like the Mavic!
Too much latency IMO going from Mavic > controller > phone > HDMI out > goggles. The potential beauty of the DJI goggles (regardless of it's fugly form factor) is a direct low latency (relatively) HD downlink connection to the bird. However, I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I fear the goggles may end up being vaporware or specs may be significantly neutered from the ones that were announced... I have no ''evidence", just a gut feeling. Radio silence on them going back to the day they were announced.

Too much latency IMO going from Mavic > controller > phone > HDMI out > goggles. The potential beauty of the DJI goggles (regardless of it's fugly form factor) is a direct low latency (relatively) HD downlink connection to the bird. However, I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I fear the goggles may end up being vaporware or specs may be significantly neutered from the ones that were announced... I have no ''evidence", just a gut feeling. Radio silence on them going back to the day they were announced.
as every day passes, i think your theory is more faction than fiction!

How are you guys who use the mavic + cardboard solution dealing with touch screen needs while they are in the headset adapter? Bluetooth controller or mouse, or just quickly removing and doing what is needed?

Curious

Maybe DJI will say something at this years CES.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000