DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to buy in the UK? dronesforless.co.uk too good to be true?

m8rty

Reactions
Evening all,

Looking to purchase a Mavic in the next few days and was wondering if many people in the UK have any advice on where to buy from and the best prices?

This seems like a really good bundle for £1100

DJI Mavic Pro FLY MORE COMBO with HPRC 2400 Hard Case for DJI Mavic Pro (Black): DronesForLess

Read a few reviews about dronesforless.co.uk, some great and some not so....

I see they ship from the US, which isn't a problem as I don't need it delivered in a hurry but I'm guessing it will ship with American plugs etc.

I'll look at any deals that can get close to that kind of price.

Any advice appreciated, thanks all!

Last edited:
Ring John to check stock levels first.

He's a genuine guy, he's up front and will tell you if it's not in stock. As you say though, expect slower delivery times.

And beware coptrz.com and dronesdirect.co.uk because they both show items in stock that actually aren't. Seriously mate, avoid both of them!!

Thanks!

I’m not worried about delivery times, if it saves a few £’s I’ll wait!

Have you used them before?

I guess I’m always protected if I use a credit card.

I’ve read that items aren’t sealed and could be refurbished etc.

Yeah I've used dronesforless before, as have a few others here.

Personally I've had no issues with him and no issues with sealed items - they've all been spot on, but perhaps wait for a few others to reply before jumping straight in with an order eh :)

Credit card is advised in all online purchases imo - especially of this value mate.

Oh, and please, do ring him to check stock first Thumbswayup

Just be careful of ordering from abroad or you'll likely get stung with VAT and duty which can easily add 23% or so onto the cost.
(The UK mavic price is roughly 20% more than the US cost as it is).

Also be aware if its bought from the US, any warranty provided through DJI themselves will require it to be sent back to the US.

I was initially going to order from dronesforless but was put off by trustpilot reviews. Felt it a bit dishonest they were portraying themselves as UK based and there was the risk of being stung for import duty.

Avoid donesdirect at all cost, messed me about for a week with no stock and don't answer email.

Purchased mine at WEX. Worked out cheaper to get the aircraft and extra batteries separately but obviously more expensive than dronesforless.

That or see if you know anyone travelling to asia or the US who'd be prepared to buy one and bring it back. You'll save $500 or so that way.

My girlfriend is in Vegas in a few weeks, might send her shopping....

My girlfriend is in Vegas in a few weeks, might send her shopping....

Easiest bet there is to pre-order it from somewhere like Best Buy (pay online) and she can collect it. There are loads around most towns and cities in the US.

I ordered and paid for mine online, flew to Miami, collected it from best buy, flew home and still got it cheaper than if i got it sent to where i live.

The only downside is if you have a warranty issue you'll have to send it back to their facility in the USA but if you're saving $500 it maybe worth it.

That would be a no brainer if the exchange rate wasn't soo terrible right now!

Theres not much saving in the $ price compared to the £ today.

Its not the exchange rate, its the standard rip off we've had for years where £ = $

So something costing $1000 there is £1000 here

Its standard price fixing. Most major companies do it sadly.

You'll save £300 or so getting someone to buy a mavic flymore in the US than buying it in the UK right now.

Its not the exchange rate, its the standard rip off we've had for years where £ = $

So something costing $1000 there is £1000 here

Its standard price fixing. Most major companies do it sadly.

You'll save £300 or so getting someone to buy a mavic flymore in the US than buying it in the UK right now.
That was certainly the case when a pound was around 1.6 USD.
Now when you add on 20% Vat it's not the big difference it used to be.

I don't think the weak pound has fully caught up with us yet, hopefully it stays that way.

Mavic fly more combo on best buy.com is 1300 US$ which is approx. 985 GB£ at current exchange rates.

I got mine from dronesforless as it was advertised as being in the UK (address and phone number). I ordered online with a credit card and it turned up in a week with UK plug.
Have had no problems at all.

I got mine from SLR HUT, for £1085 for ultimate combo, it came with just about everything you could think of (3 batteries, prop guards, 5 filters, long landing gear, multi charger, etc etc).
They are based in Newyork and London, I bought my p4 from them as well, both took about 5 days to get here.

Actually SLR Hut is Hong Kong. London and NY are just PO Boxes. The business and goods are sent from HK.

To give a price comparison Best Buy mavic fly more combo is £985 ($1300) which is what i paid there. To buy the fly more in the UK, looking at argos, amazon and other dealers, its all £1359 ($1795)

So it works out £374 ($493) cheaper in the states for exactly the same thing. Thats a worthwhile saving.

Things like drones4less/slrhut based in Hong Kong are fine to an extent and i use them for quite a lot of camera stuff but you will sometimes get stung by customs and the "warranty" involves you sending it back to their UK front company or po box and them forwarding it back to asia for there so its not a fast process.

Are prices fixed by DJI on the fly more pack in the UK? It never seems to be discounted.

Lot of retailers running discount on just the normal pack.

Might be cheaper to buy a cheap standard pack and a few batteries on ebay?

I've seen the flymores discounted last month - strangely enough, ebay, apple store, maplin etc ALL did the same discount, at the same time?! If that doesn't scream price fixing I don't know what does...

I bought my Mavic fly more and Dji goggles from Firstpersonview.co.uk the reason being I’ve dealt with them for at least 9 years. Their customer support is unequaled, I have the peace of mind knowing that if my gear has to go back for any reason I can trust Simon to look after me and that to me is priceless. I had to send an EzUHF diversity RX that wouldn’t bind, I had a new replacement in 10 days at no cost since it was found to be faulty.
Try them

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent