DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to buy in the UK? dronesforless.co.uk too good to be true?

I bought my Mavic fly more and Dji goggles from Firstpersonview.co.uk the reason being I’ve dealt with them for at least 9 years. Their customer support is unequaled

Personally, I'm a fan of Hobby Mounts. Had magnificent "beyond the call of duty" service and backup from them

I've used both in the past and as you guys both say, they are equally amazing - both get my vote too (y)

Personally, I'd pay the extra for knowing a friendly, helpful, knowledgeable person would be on the end of a phone/email.

Reactions: Dw911
I wouldn't buy an item like a Mavic as a grey import from the likes of dronesforless or others unless it was substantially cheaper than the UK price.

DO NOT BUY FROM DRONESFORLESS.CO.UK

I ordered a Mavic-Pro kit from them, hard case etc and more batteries on 10th Dec 2017. A few weeks later 2x batteries arrived. They claim the Carrier [Globegistics] has lost the Main Kit,- however when I contacted Globegistics they told me that DronesForLess had NEVER ACTUALLY SENT THE PACKAGE,- they generated the Tracking number but never got the box picked up by Globegistics. It is now JAN 22nd 2018. They will not answer emails and I fear they are scamming me or maybe the company is failing?

If the situation changes, kit arrives , or they contact me I will edit this post immediatly.

Please be cautious!

Reactions: Ping^Spike
DO NOT BUY FROM DRONESFORLESS.CO.UK

I ordered a Mavic-Pro kit from them, hard case etc and more batteries on 10th Dec 2017. A few weeks later 2x batteries arrived. They claim the Carrier [Globegistics] has lost the Main Kit,- however when I contacted Globegistics they told me that DronesForLess had NEVER ACTUALLY SENT THE PACKAGE,- they generated the Tracking number but never got the box picked up by Globegistics. It is now JAN 22nd 2018. They will not answer emails and I fear they are scamming me or maybe the company is failing?

If the situation changes, kit arrives , or they contact me I will edit this post immediatly.

Please be cautious!
Did you pay by credit card?
If so get on to your card provider and ask to start a section 75 claim.

If debit card you can start a chargeback.

Wouldn't waste your time chasing them, get your card provider to either refund you or try to reclaim payment.

I paid them via PAYPAL,- I will try to use them to recover my money,- however there is a guy on a TrustPilot review who tried this with paypal/DronesForLess and He said that DronesForLess sent a moody shipping document detailing untracable non-existant RoyalMail tracking number to Paypal and then Paypal rejected the refund !! If this is true its a sad day for paypal and ecommerce in general! Thanks for your advice.

I paid them via PAYPAL,- I will try to use them to recover my money,- however there is a guy on a TrustPilot review who tried this with paypal/DronesForLess and He said that DronesForLess sent a moody shipping document detailing untracable non-existant RoyalMail tracking number to Paypal and then Paypal rejected the refund !! If this is true its a sad day for paypal and ecommerce in general! Thanks for your advice.
It's pretty rare for PayPal to side with a seller, protection is weighted heavily towards buyers. Wouldn't worry about that.

Start a PayPal case soon as you can, don't leave it too long. If nothing else it forces them to resume communication if your being ignored.

I've had a similar experience with another retailer and ended up being ignored.
When I started the case they started talking again and I had the refund in a few days.

Keep any evidence you have like emails or communication from seller or courier and you can supply it if does come to a claim.

Very interested in this topic as will be buying very shortly and had been looking at the great price on dronesforless.

Scan.co.uk look to be one of the cheaper reputable sellers at the moment.

Very interested in this topic as will be buying very shortly and had been looking at the great price on dronesforless.

Scan.co.uk look to be one of the cheaper reputable sellers at the moment.
Amazon have the flymore combo for £1,100.99.

No stock though and shows delivery in 1 -2 months but normally much quicker.

If I was buying again it would be with Amazon simply for their brilliant return policy.

I'm in the Uk and bought from drones for less, not realising they were in the USA despite advertising as being in the UK. After a few anxious weeks my mavic arrived, followed by the combo in a different package. The battery charger was broken so I emailed them but had no reply, but within a week a brand new battery charger arrived. There was no paperwork/receipt with anything that I had bought, which is odd from what claims to be a large company. I did speak to a guy on the phone a few days after placing my order to try and confirm that they had my order because I hadn't heard a dicky bird from them, as well as confirming my order he was pushing selling me extras such as DJI care, and prop guards. When I explained that the website crashed as I placed my order, that's why I was checking, he was most apologetic and offered to send me the guards and some spare props free. I posted my honest review on trust pilot. I would probably deal with them again, if it wasn't for the lack of any customer service, you'd be better off nipping to Maplins, or Argos/Amazon. At least you have the protection of UK consumer law if anything goes wrong.

Looking at the Trust Pilot reviews for Drones-for-less I would avoid them - so many bad reviews about poor quality products and customer service.

Also don't be tempted by DronesDirect.co.uk - they are even worse. I had personal experience with them when I ordered my Mavic as did many other people - they lied, they didn't deliver, they wouldn't refund, they were rude - after 3 weeks I got Paypal involved and got a refund within 24 hours of their involvement. I then ordered from Maplin and got delivery within 24 hours!!

I got my MPP from scan, they were the cheapest at the time and had stock, I collected they same day so was very happy.

Reactions: Abbo69
Also don't be tempted by DronesDirect.co.uk - they are even worse. I had personal experience with them when I ordered my Mavic as did many other people - they lied, they didn't deliver, they wouldn't refund, they were rude

I had the EXACT same issues with Drones Direct - quite how they're still trading is beyond me.

Reactions: westonmavicpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike