DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

where to fly in London? UK

funnily enough I was thinking of taking mine to oxleas as got a mate right by it, might try Blackheath, failing those I will drive out into kent and maybe go dungeness

You would probably be fine up there, I've never seen any park officials in there. Will probably be up there over the coming weekend myself.

You would probably be fine up there, I've never seen any park officials in there. Will probably be up there over the coming weekend myself.
cool, im going to head there this sunday afternoon for my first flight, wonder what the rules are flying over Greenwich park

NATS says central London is absolutely no go zone for drones and DJI map is considering this area as a Warning Zone but no No Fly Zone. I see some conflict between those maps. Can someone clarify this?
In London I usually covers Brixton Park and surroundings and Norwood/Streatham Parks which are out of any particular zone.

How's new drone regulations from last month reflect on flying over the London?

NATS says central London is absolutely no go zone for drones and DJI map is considering this area as a Warning Zone but no No Fly Zone. I see some conflict between those maps. Can someone clarify this?
In London I usually covers Brixton Park and surroundings and Norwood/Streatham Parks which are out of any particular zone.

How's new drone regulations from last month reflect on flying over the London?

NATS is right, DJI isnt. Quite simply DJI take a best guess at some zones but nothing more. Its still your responsibility for staying out of zones.
So use the NATs Drone Assist app for flight planning. (definitely not airmap or similar)
New rules havent come in yet but they're not actually any different from the existing ones so wont change that.#

It was strange for me to see many parks with signs explicitly forbidding drones

I think "royal" most things are off limits.
Parasites cant have normal people having fun can they!

Airspace use is regulated by Civil Aviation Authority. No one can prevent You from flying OVER their propety as long as You follow the Guidelines from CAA (Introduction | Dronesafe)
Property owners can only regulate take off and landing from their properties. This actually includes any regulation from National Thrust. In UK You should consult the Drone Assist app from NATS before flying. As long as You are not in a RED No-Fly sone indicated by the app, you should be safe as long as You obey the general Drone Guidelines (http://dronesafe.uk/)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair