DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to fly near Leesburg/The Villages (FL)

Mike10cc

Reactions
I see that there are a lot of private airfields in this area and I'm looking for good safe locations to get some nice arial shots.

I’m a snowbird from NY and found two places to fly. 1. Pear park south of Leesburg on Rt 27. And Hickory Point Park on Rt 19. Jim

Hey all ... I'm in The Villages (not a snow bird :) ). Looking for some "private" area to learn to fly. Should have my MPP tomorrow. Closest I have come to this was R/C Nitro 4WD about 15 years ago! :D

Hey all ... I'm in The Villages (not a snow bird :) ). Looking for some "private" area to learn to fly. Should have my MPP tomorrow. Closest I have come to this was R/C Nitro 4WD about 15 years ago! :D
I have been flying at Pear Park just south of Leesburg and next to Arlington Ridge community and have also flying at Hickory Point Park on rt19 in Tavares. Both allow you to fly.

Thanks! Just got my MPP today and when i get the nerve will give it a try.
Ed

I was told by a friend of mine living there that The Villages has a drone club. You could get in touch with them for suggestions on where to fly. He told me there was a listing of all the clubs there but I can't remember where to get it.

I was told by a friend of mine living there that The Villages has a drone club. You could get in touch with them for suggestions on where to fly. He told me there was a listing of all the clubs there but I can't remember where to get it.
Thanks, Yes there is. Was looking for a place to go away from town. The club flies every Tuesday at a local athletic complex but there are too many people. Wanted to "play" alone till I get the hang of it. :)

The Drone Flyers Club in The Villages flies every Tuesday morning at the Soaring Eagle Ball Fields next to Rohan Rec Center.

Tuesday is just simi-organized practice. You can fly there any time not being used for other purposes.

Drop me a line if you have questions, I'm the DFC club presidnet.

Don

Reactions: Jeff A
The Drone Flyers Club in The Villages flies every Tuesday morning at the Soaring Eagle Ball Fields next to Rohan Rec Center.

Tuesday is just simi-organized practice. You can fly there any time not being used for other purposes.

Drop me a line if you have questions, I'm the DFC club presidnet.

Don

Thanks Don but I actually watched you guys recenly from my car in the lot because someone mentioned it to me and it looks great but I just can't agree with the lack of "social distancing" going on there at this time. Well over 10 people and many way too close. I won't turn this into "The Villages" politics but in my opinion the Governor (or at the very least the powers that be in T.V.) needs to quickly lock everything down because with 50 positiives as of today INSIDE THE VILLAGES and way more in the county we are looking for trouble. Hopefully if this ever passes (unless I pass first :) ) I'd love to get in that group.

Thanks and HOPE to join up sooner rather than later!

Thanks Don but I actually watched you guys recenly from my car in the lot because someone mentioned it to me and it looks great but I just can't agree with the lack of "social distancing" going on there at this time. Well over 10 people and many way too close. I won't turn this into "The Villages" politics but in my opinion the Governor (or at the very least the powers that be in T.V.) needs to quickly lock everything down because with 50 positiives as of today INSIDE THE VILLAGES and way more in the county we are looking for trouble. Hopefully if this ever passes (unless I pass first :) ) I'd love to get in that group.

Thanks and HOPE to join up sooner rather than later!

As things have changed so has the way we have been flying. Today if you would have been there you would have seen the field setup differently with 10 ft areas marked off each flyer to help enforce the social distancing concept. It worked very well and people were very good about maintaining distances even when socializing between flights.

As things have changed so has the way we have been flying. Today if you would have been there you would have seen the field setup differently with 10 ft areas marked off each flyer to help enforce the social distancing concept. It worked very well and people were very good about maintaining distances even when socializing between flights.
Thanks for the info. I have some serious “underlying conditions” so am trying hard to be overly careful. Maybe I’ll check out your next meet as it looked like a great group when I was watching.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121