DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whether your weather is better!

Pedwards

Reactions
Some months ago I purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro. It looks great, but I've been unable to fly it as I'm either working or this;
1575780151620.png
In fact I cancelled my UAVforecast subscription because there was too much red!

Some months ago I purchased a new Mavic 2 Pro. It looks great, but I've been unable to fly it as I'm either working or this;
View attachment 87608
In fact I cancelled my UAVforecast subscription because there was too much red!

Some how you have found yourself living on a different planet in the eye of the storm , im surprised at at 100 mph visibility is 1 mile.
for a drone that an f5 . wow.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in and out of the storm but not this one.
Coal

Reactions: Rockowe
The amount of rain here has been unreal recently to the degree I'm just waiting for brief breaks in the rain to get the dog out, any thoughts of drone flying are very distant for now.

Another weekend approaches and guess what........
1576256304275.png
Why are there not more wind turbines near me?!!

Well, I get something like this pretty much all the time and I have come to take it for granted. So much so that I don't even bother to check the forecast before heading out.
Screenshot_20191213-201904~2.png

Reactions: Pedwards
One of the 'joys' of living on the west coast!

It's not been much better on the east coast. I've been grounded mainly due to high wind, but we've had some rain too. It finally looks like the weather will be good enough to maiden my new Mavic Mini this weekend, but i'm working both Saturday and Sunday! I've sort of resigned myself to just taking it to work and giving it a test flight in the corrugator hall on Sunday. There's a good amount of open space in there, and at least I can check that it actually works OK...

Well, I get something like this pretty much all the time and I have come to take it for granted. So much so that I don't even bother to check the forecast before heading out.
Wow, so much green!

Alan, hope you get opportunity to fly the mini.

Wow, so much green!

Alan, hope you get opportunity to fly the mini.

Yay! Finally had some decent (although very cold) weather on the way home from work. Managed to find an empty football pitch not too far from home and took the Mini for its first proper flight. Everything went well and I'm suitably impressed with how the Mini flies.

Well, our last day here of a 4 day heatwave (Tues 41, Wed 44, Thurs 43), , thankfully tomorrow will drop by about 21c from todays temp !!

warm4.jpg

It's already over 40c 3/4hr ago, at 1100 (11am).

warm5.jpg

I think it might get close to the forecast 46c (115f), and if it does that will be the hottest day I can remember in Adelaide in my 40 years living here, can recall 2 or 3 each year getting to 43c or 44c. (This was usually in Feb though, NOT December.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU