DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which app can do longer (5-50km) hyperlapse with RTH for replacing multiple batteries?

gypsy1

Reactions
I tried doing hyperlapse on mini 3 pro a 30 sec on a distance of 1.5km, it gave me warning current battery is not enough which I understand that drone will come back when battery is less than 20% & it returned to home at 20% but after that it should have continue to complete the hyperlapse from where it left (returned midway) but after replacing the battery it started shooting the same hyperlapse from beginning 0/720 shots (it had already completed 330 shots) so my question is how to use multiple battery for doing a longer 30 sec hyperlpase?

Is it that after replacing battery I should simply press the hyperlapse record button & it should continue from where it was last
or
should I open my saved waypoint then start recording hyperlapse?

Is there any instructions to shoot longer hyperlapse with multiple batteries with Dji fly app?
If not, can you suggest which 3rd party apps are capable of doing such waypoint hyperlapse?

MSDK for Mini3 pro is now available for Developers so Dronelink has a beta version now hope other apps will also soon update to include Mini3 pro.

I don't remember reading about multiple batteries hyper lapse in manual, have you checked? Perhaps it's not available. For solution, if the hyper lapse is saving all the pictures separately, maybe doing it manually?

If I remember the settings correctly (and not sure if it's the same on the Mini 3 Pro as it is on the Air 2S), you should be able to set up your waypoints, make sure there's enough points in between. Execute up to a particular spot, pause it, and then when you go back up you can tell it to resume from waypoint # whichever one was where you stopped it at. You'll probably have to go thru the raw file captures (the best way to do it), and piece the image sequences together in the video editor.

So in that way you don't even have to wait for 3rd party support, just join the separate captures together, that you resumed from where you left off, since the light is going to change anyways in the time it takes you to replace a battery.

Reactions: gypsy1
If I remember the settings correctly (and not sure if it's the same on the Mini 3 Pro as it is on the Air 2S), you should be able to set up your waypoints, make sure there's enough points in between. Execute up to a particular spot, pause it, and then when you go back up you can tell it to resume from waypoint # whichever one was where you stopped it at. You'll probably have to go thru the raw file captures (the best way to do it), and piece the image sequences together in the video editor.

So in that way you don't even have to wait for 3rd party support, just join the separate captures together, that you resumed from where you left off, since the light is going to change anyways in the time it takes you to replace a battery.
Nice work around,
I will try this weekend for sure, if this works then great.

Nice work around,
I will try this weekend for sure, if this works then great.
I think Dronelink can do this, and the new beta works with the Mini 3 Pro. I'm really excited about all the new features it enables for the Mini 3 Pro, it's like having a new drone. It's windy here today or I'd give timelapsing a try. I'm hoping it gives full control over timelapses, including multi day timelapses, which has been a bit of a holy grail for me.

I think Dronelink can do this, and the new beta works with the Mini 3 Pro. I'm really excited about all the new features it enables for the Mini 3 Pro, it's like having a new drone. It's windy here today or I'd give timelapsing a try. I'm hoping it gives full control over timelapses, including multi day timelapses, which has been a bit of a holy grail for me.
Hi Wrybread
Did you get time to test the waypoint hyperlapse feature of dronelink app?
Any link to the video you can share?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada