DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which App to use for Tripletek 8 Pro?

I too am using the tripltek 8 pro with my M3 and love it. No lag that I've noticed. I also have M2A with the original smart controller. I got spoiled with the bright screen and ability to see in bright sunlight. Not prepared to spend the $1400 for the new RC pro, I decided on the Tripltek and have no regrets...except maybe missing the second thumb wheel on the standard controller.
That missing second thumbwheel on the RC-N1 is essential for using any zoom on the Mavic 3. Zooming requires simultaneous gimbal adjustment to keep the subject in the same spot in the frame. You can't do both at the same time on the standard controller. That alone justified the RC-Pro for me. Tripltek 8 Pro on the RC Pro for the win, but you have to be willing to pay up for the best!

That missing second thumbwheel on the RC-N1 is essential for using any zoom on the Mavic 3. Zooming requires simultaneous gimbal adjustment to keep the subject in the same spot in the frame. You can't do both at the same time on the standard controller. That alone justified the RC-Pro for me. Tripltek 8 Pro on the RC Pro for the win, but you have to be willing to pay up for the best!
GadgetGuy, I agree of the importance of that thumb wheel. Unfortunately, I ordered my M3 on release date and the Tripltek at the same time. Didn't realize until it was received that it had the same standard controller. Like many, I would have thought that for the money the M3 would come with a better remote. Then of course after that, then DJI released the RC pro for sale. Bad timing for me.

GadgetGuy, I agree of the importance of that thumb wheel. Unfortunately, I ordered my M3 on release date and the Tripltek at the same time. Didn't realize until it was received that it had the same standard controller. Like many, I would have thought that for the money the M3 would come with a better remote. Then of course after that, then DJI released the RC pro for sale. Bad timing for me.
The $1750 Air 2S Combo with the RC Pro at B&H and DroneNerds in December made the RC Pro effectively $550 rather than $1200. Air 2S is a decent backup bird for the Mavic 3, and is now also fully compatible with the RC Pro that flies the Mavic 3. Tripltek is a nice addition to the RC Pro. When I fly the Mavic 3 with my 9” iPad on the stock controller for a quiet muffled experience down to below 10% battery (drilled a hole to muffle the annoying transducer inside), I can't effectively zoom with the 7x telephoto for video. I'm expecting a teardown video of the RC Pro within the week, and will then muffle it as well! That heart attack beeping has got to go!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Tripltek is a nice addition to the RC Pro. When I fly the Mavic 3 with my 9” iPad on the stock controller for a quiet muffled experience down to below \
So you use the Tripletek and an RC Pro? Aren't they mutually exclusive items that would not work together?

So you use the Tripletek and an RC Pro? Aren't they mutually exclusive items that would not work together?
See post #21 above. They work great together with the TriplTek as a much larger 8” monitor and the RC-Pro as the controller with a second scroll wheel, so you can simultaneously control the gimbal while zooming. Any touch input required is entered on the 5.5” RC-Pro screen. You also get the benefit of the much more powerful antenna output on the RC-Pro over the stock RC-N1.

See post #21 above. They work great together with the TriplTek as a much larger 8” monitor and the RC-Pro as the controller with a second scroll wheel, so you can simultaneously control the gimbal while zooming. Any touch input required is entered on the 5.5” RC-Pro screen. You also get the benefit of the much more powerful antenna output on the RC-Pro over the stock RC-N1.
it does not show how they would mount together.

it does not show how they would mount together.
That wasn't what you originally asked.

That wasn't what you originally asked.
no, but why use them in tandem if they cannot join? Wouldn't be an inconvenient combination?

no, but why use them in tandem if they cannot join? Wouldn't be an inconvenient combination?
If you want to use an 8” Tripltek Pro on an RC-Pro, that's how you do it. Is it heavy? Yes! It it worth it? Depends upon your use, and whether the 5.5” screen is large enough. They do work together, with the Tripltek mirroring the RC-Pro, which is what you originally asked. This is also how it can be mounted, again, as you asked.

now I am wondering if it might be overkill, but I wont know will until i try it. Originally the Smart RC and RC P were appreciated because you can set it up on the fly. I really appreciate the information though.

Reactions: GadgetGuy