DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which DJI drone should you buy?

vicvideopic

Reactions
An analysis of the DJI Air 2S after 2 months compared to the other current Mavic line models to help users make an informed purchase choice
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have 2 of the M1P's. great drones for the price (used $500+/- USD). the software can be adjusted to remove NFZ's and altitude restrictions

An analysis of the DJI Air 2S after 2 months compared to the other current Mavic line models to help users make an informed purchase choice
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
A very good summary indeed. I am now on my 3rd drone....first one, the Air 1 was sold, and replaced by M2P. Just acquired a new Mini2 for travel to places where the drone might be confiscated, so at least I won't lose out too much.

Dale
Miami

A very good summary indeed. I am now on my 3rd drone....first one, the Air 1 was sold, and replaced by M2P. Just acquired a new Mini2 for travel to places where the drone might be confiscated, so at least I won't lose out too much.

Dale
Miami
Thank you Dale,
You do a lot of traveling.
What is your next destination?

Thank you Dale,
You do a lot of traveling.
What is your next destination?
Hi Vittorio:

I guess you looked at my web site? www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com

I might have mentioned to you that we spent a week at the Monaci delle Terre Nere near Zafferana and toured your area extensively, including a full day at The Godfather town (Savoca) and a full tour of Sicily, including driving my own rental care in Palermo (crazy driver !). (Fasano, Alberobello, Taoromina, etc).

Despite the Covid, in September we have a long planned return trip back to Tanzania and Kenya to see the migration. The last time we were there at the edge of the Mara River, we waited for a crossing, in the hot broiling sun for 3 1/2 hours, along with hundreds of other photographers with long lenses, as a herd of over 10,0000 wildebeests gathered at the river's edge. After 3 1/2 hours, a female lion tried to creep up the river bank and was seen by a zebra, and the zebra barked a warning and the entire herd of over 10,000 scattered and ran from the river! It was our last day on safari so we missed the crossing.

We are vaccinated. Still, we will need 4 nasal swab tests (PCR) throughout the travels. One before leaving the US, one at a field camp in the Serengeti, one in Nairobi (Kenya), and one in Doha,Qatar on the return trip to Miami.

I have been trying for months to get permits for the drone for both countries. It is not possible so I am not taking the M2P and I am trying to sneak in the Mini 2, which I bought only for this trip. If they take it, I won't lose so much.

One more thing...I purchased two ND filters for the Mini 2 (ND8 ND 16) and spent hours trying to attach one. It kept falling off. I returned them both (Freewell) and got a credit. So I am going without ND filters. Does anyone else make ND filters for the Mini?

Dale Davis
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonyack