DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which drone to check on my roof, etc, and maybe for fun?

Reactions: GrayArea
If all you're doing is roof inspections, go for the cheapest (including refurbished, if from a reputable seller). Depending on the laws where you live, one under 250 g may be subject to fewer restrictions.

I've used both my Mavic Mini and Mini 3 Pro to check my roof. Both work just fine. The Mini 3 Pro has a better camera, but not enough to make a difference. It also has obstacle avoidance, but that didn't really make a difference as I was flying slow and cautiously. (Didn't want to end up with the drone on the roof and having to hire a chap with a 3 story ladder to get it back.)

I got a Mini 3 Pro, and checked out my roof.
Welcome to the club :)

I presume you have your trust certificate?

If you plan on flying for fun more batteries would be really handy. I find the Fly-More kit to be great value.

Also useful would be a landing pad of some type. You can buy landing pads, but a rubber car mat also works great if you're not hiking. The Mini 3 is really low to the ground, and sometimes finding a spot free of grit and/or vegetation is tricky.

Welcome to the club :)

I presume you have your trust certificate?

If you plan on flying for fun more batteries would be really handy. I find the Fly-More kit to be great value.

Also useful would be a landing pad of some type. You can buy landing pads, but a rubber car mat also works great if you're not hiking. The Mini 3 is really low to the ground, and sometimes finding a spot free of grit and/or vegetation is tricky.
Yeah I did the Trust certificate. I also bought the Fly More Plus kit, and then did the FAA registration since the bigger batteries push it over 250 grams. Or at least that's what I thought I was supposed to do.

Landing pad is a good idea. Right now it takes off from my deck which has enough space, but if I'm launching from elsewhere it'll be nice to have that option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown