DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which error messages get your attention you the most?

Former Member

Reactions
Every DJI product can warn you if it senses something is wrong with itself. The error messages that get my attention, not necessarily in order of importance, are

1. ESC errors - this will actually make a drone fall from the sky
  2. Core board errors - can include overheating, loss of video, gimbal freakout issues
  3. Battery errors - anything having to do with battery over discharge or low battery warnings
  4. High wind conditions - your drone is telling you that it might not be able to fly based on the wind it detects
  5. Compass calibration error - if you take off and the compass goes out of calibration, you might never see your drone again
  6. Atti mode - while it's not an error message, its telling me that the navigation system is wonly. Use caution.
  7. Battery level only enough to RTH - gotta listen to this one or else youre going t be birddogging your drone
  8. Sport mode - not an error message, but if your sensors are off, your drone can let itself crash
  9. Gimbal motor overload - the gimbal isnt happy. Did you remember to remove your gimbal lock?
In RC and in aviation in general, there's saying that goes, "If your aircraft isnt working right when it's on the ground, it's not going to fix itself in the air." Words I fly by every day.

Battery overload/
high discharge rate
.Manual landing turning off downward sensor
I hate those
..cR

None of those rob, mine is,

If you’re going out flying again, don’t bother coming home..... don’t know what her problem is;);)

Now that’s a bad error message....

I'd have to go with:

1. Battery over discharge - simply because, I fail to understand what it's trying to tell me, I can have these messages at the most random times but usually occurs during Sports Mode.

2. Compass calibration error - I have these messages quite a bit, I've put it down to the tracking device mounted closely to the rear of the craft. Its been calibrated with the tracker on, however, I think when switched into sports mode - the added forces on the tracking bracket (holder) may skew the electromagnetic interference enough to throw up a brief Compass calibration error - Please do correct me if I'm wrong about this assumption.

Reactions: charliesRig
I had some errors today I would like to read and check again. Fortunately, they were just very briefly visible in the Top left of my app. Is there an easily accessible „log“ where all error messages from one flight are listed?

As far as I remember, my M2P first disconnected (black screen), then mentioned something with RTH... but that message disappeared when it reconnected a second later. And then there was a message „switching to secondary IMU“. The flight was very stable, as usual but the messages were a bit worrying :-/

Reactions: Former Member
1:”IMU error”
2:”Compass error”
3:”Atti mode”

1: Gimbal motor overload (gimbal holder, doh)
2: Wind warning until I disconnected it
3: Batt Error's
Ive never seen most of the rest.

You left out Motor Max out Error/Msg
Edit: O yeh, propellor missing error message. You dont want to see that one off the ground
im guessing

Reactions: Former Member
Oh snap!
-Aircraft Disconnected'

I forgot OP isn't here to appreciate a gem like that
sfdsf.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member