DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which flys further... Smart control or Standard MA2 controler?

JOE CHRONIC

Reactions
Has anyone done a flight distance test using the smart control and then running a test using the standard MA2 controller?

Curious as to which transmits a better distance without losing signal...

Has anyone done a flight distance test using the smart control and then running a test using the standard MA2 controller?

There are those (A few) that say there is a difference, but "most" reports say after the firmware update to allow the MA2...no noticeable difference. Search for thread(s) on here about it...been discussed.

Just wondering if anyone has done a distance test trying both controllers...

Nothing I do is simple, lol
Thanks for the video...

• Haha
Reactions: eaglesurfing
If I were to answer the title of your topic, which flies further, SC or standard remote, I'd say neither flies anywhere. [emoji16]
Dan it all depends on how hard you throw them, lol....

For me....I am wondering why questions like this exist....do we buy these things to fly several miles away every day?.....Or to film something we can see with our eyes for the most part? And if one controller can get 5 miles away and the other just 4....what's the problem?

For me....I am wondering why questions like this exist....do we buy these things to fly several miles away every day?.....Or to film something we can see with our eyes for the most part? And if one controller can get 5 miles away and the other just 4....what's the problem?
Good point. Anything beyond Visual Line of Sight is illegal in most places.

Reactions: Quick_Star24
Look if someone wants to send me a SC I will answer this question once and for all! ;)

I easily make 6 km with the stock controller with nearly full signal over the ocean. I doubt the SC could be any more interference resistant than stock so I would wager any differences anyone finds are down to atmospheric conditions or regular, very annoying, terrestrial interference.

I can tell you the SC does better in the car as you have a lot of control over the antennas , such as when you flying directly overhead...

We ordered the Alientech Duo 11 should be arriving soon to go with the SC not so much for long distance flights but to have more command over the Signal so we dont have to be so careful when in the car or dipping low into the river or between two buildings .

That extra signal power could be the difference between atti mode and accidental scare or surprise.

Nothing wrong with a strong signal to engage your flying with.
I do like the idea of 2 mile remote landing that would be cool on the water to land and take off ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain /Snow and Land on Water.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
I can tell you the SC does better in the car as you have a lot of control over the antennas , such as when you flying directly overhead...

We ordered the Alientech Duo 11 should be arriving soon to go with the SC not so much for long distance flights but to have more command over the Signal so we dont have to be so careful when in the car or dipping low into the river or between two buildings .

That extra signal power could be the difference between atti mode and accidental scare or surprise.

Nothing wrong with a strong signal to engage your flying with.
I do like the idea of 2 mile remote landing that would be cool on the water to land and take off ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain /Snow and Land on Water.

This all makes perfect sense. I am so totally with you on a remote landing. I was thinking three miles on a marker buoy.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Farther... (from the title) Actually, neither one flies farther. The controllers are held in you hands; only the Aircraft will fly :cool:

Perhaps, better asked... "Given the same line of sight, which has the strongest signal?" or "....which will have the most likely signal failure given the same flight conditions."

Then the remote landing point becomes your new RTH upon take off, so should anything happen on the way back that's where it will return to.
Unless you set it to the controller.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute