DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

which ipad mini should i get ?

jojonono

Reactions
i have an air 2 and looking for a mini ipad to fit in my fly more bag to fly the drone, i have the oldest mini but sadly dji fly app isn't supported so i can't use it at all to fly my drone :(

so which ipad mini do you guys recommend ? 4 ?? or will i get away with a second hand mini 2 or 3 ?

am not an apple guy at all will ONLY use the mini for flying my Air 2 and probably using the FCC hack...

thanks,

i have an air 2 and looking for a mini ipad to fit in my fly more bag to fly the drone, i have the oldest mini but sadly dji fly app isn't supported so i can't use it at all to fly my drone :(

so which ipad mini do you guys recommend ? 4 ?? or will i get away with a second hand mini 2 or 3 ?

am not an apple guy at all will ONLY use the mini for flying my Air 2 and probably using the FCC hack...

thanks,
I’ve used the Mini 4 without cellular, WiFi only. Then I updated to the Mini 5 for a little better screen. It’s worked flawlessly on my MPP and M2P. If all you are going to do is fly with it, like I do, you don’t need one with lot of memory. That and no cellular will keep the cost down.

I just bought a used mint Mini 5 $300 Ebay. I spent hours, to many, researching for just the right tablet
for my budget and wound up here. It won’t be as nice as a tripltek but it will work fine for me, for now.
Good luck with your quest.

I tried a mini 3 at first and got “cpu overload” every time I turned the app on. So I ordered a new mini 5 and it seems to work fine. I just hope that it will work for a few years. It’s a non cellular model and I only have the included Apple apps and DJI Fly on it.......

I’ve used the Mini 4 without cellular, WiFi only. Then I updated to the Mini 5 for a little better screen. It’s worked flawlessly on my MPP and M2P. If all you are going to do is fly with it, like I do, you don’t need one with lot of memory. That and no cellular will keep the cost down.
Thanks that was my question so I don't need cellular for the MA2 and looks like you think aMini 5 is good enough. Thanks for the info, I felt kind of stupid wondering about it. Fly safe

Michael

Reactions: NAVMAV
Thanks that was my question so I don't need cellular for the MA2 and looks like you think aMini 5 is good enough. Thanks for the info, I felt kind of stupid wondering about it. Fly safe

Michael
as a side note what holder for the Mini 5 do you think works best as I have a MA2. I have seen some of the You Tube vids and I can't seem to remember what they recommended

as a side note what holder for the Mini 5 do you think works best as I have a MA2. I have seen some of the You Tube vids and I can't seem to remember what they recommended
A MavMount with the Air-Lock screw. It's more expensive than many other options, but it's rock solid with the Air 2 style remote, and with the lanyard kit, the balance is perfect.

I just bought a used mint Mini 5 $300 Ebay. I spent hours, to many, researching for just the right tablet
for my budget and wound up here. It won’t be as nice as a tripltek but it will work fine for me, for now.
Good luck with your quest.
I don't buy to much stuff off E-bay, so you have to bid on items, or buy them outright?

Reactions: Uncle Pete
I bought the Mini 5.
IMG_20200714_074420.jpg

I just got a Mini 4 off ebay I think for around $200, my only complaint is that it gives me a "CPU overload" warning pretty much every flight, I haven't really done any research to try and resolve it because it doesn't really affect anything. I would go with the 5 though if you can grab one at $300. But the screen size is perfect and plenty of brightness

I just got a Mini 4 off ebay I think for around $200, my only complaint is that it gives me a "CPU overload" warning pretty much every flight, I haven't really done any research to try and resolve it because it doesn't really affect anything. I would go with the 5 though if you can grab one at $300. But the screen size is perfect and plenty of brightness

wow those apples must really such, am on the oldest android phones possible never had cpu overloaded issues ! i thought apple was the way to go for many reasons with dji products !

does that mean in the next couple of years will have to upgrade to mini 6 just to keep up with DJI Fly app ???...

Reactions: Gygax
I'm also looking to upgrade my Ipad mini 2 to a mini 5 but a little unsure whether to go for the wifi only version or the one with cellular. I have no need to use the ipad as a phone but am I likely to need the 3/4g and gps. I fly the Mavic Pro Platinum and as the mini 2 throws up the low processing power report I have taken to using my Samsung S10 phone which works fine but screen very difficult to see as was the mini 2 due to glare. Which version do you think and why, please?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard