DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which iPad...

I was also having CPU overload problems with iPad 2. Just received iPad 4 today, wifi only. I never have a problem using phone for hotspot. I don't ever change my home position in flight.

Yup! I don't plan on changing my home position either and will either cache the maps before I fly with my Wi-Fi or cache them on my hotspot before I fly if I'm already out in the field.

Yup! I don't plan on changing my home position either and will either cache the maps before I fly with my Wi-Fi or cache them on my hotspot before I fly if I'm already out in the field.

Are there any issues with maintaining hotspot connection in flight?

I just got my mavic 2 weeks ago and have not flown yet. Was waiting to get all my accessories and insurance before flying. But as far as I know you only need the hotspot to cache the maps quick before flight if you want gps on your screen. Most people turn off hotspot and if they have service turn on airplane mode. No internet connection is required to fly.

I have seen no issues. I use a mini 4, with a Franklin R850 hotspot and it works fine. My flight areas are my backyard, and several parks all within 20 miles. I live streamed a couple times onto Facebook, and it kept my maps moving right along with Mavic. I would suggest connecting to home WiFi and cache your maps, never know when your cellular signal will be weak of a tower mess up.

I'm using the Ipad air 2 ...(No CPU overload problems)
But I'm thinking of getting the 4 mini.I have Old eyes and got the air 2 for the P3P(which was a good fit,but The air 2 seems to big for the mavic.

You'll be able to use any functions of the DJI GO app that require an Internet connection. For example, you could download the maps in real-time as you fly or stream your flights to YouTube/Facebook.
You're the man! Bought a cell enabled 128gb ipad mini 4 today. 10/10 would recommend

I'm picking up a lightly used Mini 4 16gb in about 2 hours. I heard you cant go wrong with it. I am a fan of android and I read that the DJI Go 4 app crashes all the time and that's the last thing I want happening when I fly. I found one on Offer Up for $280 and was able to talk him down to $200 with a case ($50). IMO cant beat that! Its only 16gb but this is going to be used exclusively for the Mavic! Since I got a good deal I went ahead and bought the MavMount for it as well. Pretty excited to receive both!

Very nice. Might have to model something similar and put the ol' 3D printer to use!

Not my picture it's from their site but that's the one I ordered today in gunmetal grey. They have 9 different colors. They are $60 but well worth it imo based off reviews, and overall craftsmanship. Here is the link!

MavMount 2.0 DJI Mavic and Spark iPad Tablet Mount Holder Archives | MavMount

Sidenote just picked up my iPad mini 4! Woohoo!

It is a stupid shame they didn't make these more versatile so one unit held more sizes. Greed took over. I'd love to have one (or three different sizes for my 3 different sized iPads) but I'll choose to spend my money elsewhere. Shame. Looks like a VERY nice unit. One size should fit all.

It is a stupid shame they didn't make these more versatile so one unit held more sizes. Greed took over. I'd love to have one (or three different sizes for my 3 different sized iPads) but I'll choose to spend my money elsewhere. Shame. Looks like a VERY nice unit. One size should fit all.

Why are you flying with 3 different iPads?! I think you failed to explore the store a little more. Here is a 1 size fits all clamp for $14. Now go buy one ;)

XL Clamp 2"-11" (55 - 278mm) for use with MavMount | MavMount

MavMount Clamp add-ons for different Size Tablets Archives | MavMount

I have an iPad mini 2 which works perfectly in normal fly mode and tripod mode but the app will sometimes crash in some of the modes that require a bit more processing power. I talked to a DJI rep at EAA AirVenture this week. He said he wasn't surprised that I had app crashes and strongly suggested the Mini 4.

I bought an iPad 3 32 gb that wouldn't connect GS Pro or anything else advanced like Autopilot for that matter. I sold it and got a brand new iPad 32 gb with Verizon data, costs me $10 a month. I need the mapping in real time away from wifi and using my phone hotspot for data is inconvenient. When I used the iPad 3, I hated it. A $75 android tablet could eat it's lunch. But I like the newest model. It's super fast. Now I see why people like Apple.

Reactions: Wingo
Just got my Mavmount today and just as I was expecting I am very impressed! Well worth $60 for a nice mount!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR