DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which is easier, m2P or zoom

Pdunnuck

Reactions
I am more interested in photos but don’t want to spend a bunch of time correcting color, sharpness, etc! Which is a better machine & why? Thanks

I am more interested in photos but don’t want to spend a bunch of time correcting color, sharpness, etc! Which is a better machine & why? Thanks

I mean the only real difference is the camera. The reason to get the pro is to shoot in 10-bit D-log so if you aren’t gonna do that because you don’t want to post process then just get the zoom because it its less expensive and you get an optical zoom

For photos, definitely the pro with its 1” 20 MP sensor.But I don’t want to spend your money... have a look at this thread, same question as you’ve just asked so might help you with your purchase

One of the Best features on the Zoom Camera is that Super Rez : We have posted some pictures on our website of the quality you can get from these types of pictures. This was a game changer and may never go back to taking normal stills.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the storm

This is a Super Rez severely Cropped : No editing just straight out of the camera. Made to be seen on the 38 inch widescreen.
Very cool and clean and easy. Cannot wait to shoot some lightning in a storm.

I have both sensors... M2P and Mavic Air (with the same cam / sensor despite the zoom of the M2Z, I think).

I personally think, M2P shoots much better pictures if you get your shot „right“ in terms of light / exposure. And you get better material in RAW, so you don’t have to spend so much time in post production.

With the smaller sensor, there’s more noise in my pictures and they are also more blurry.

Reactions: RogerMav and Porky
For photos the Pro is a no-brainer. The difference is night & day with the 20MP 1" sensor compared to the tiny 1/2.3" 12MP sensor on the zoom. The lens on the Pro is also much better, dynamic range is much better, and you are able to control aperture.

Whether you shoot RAW and edit or not, you still get all the benefits of the larger sensor on the Pro for stills.

On the video side you also get 10bit H265 DLog-M which is a big step up if you ever get into that. If not, it's great in Normal mode too and you still get the benefit of the larger sensor.

Also, editing RAW images can be extremely fast and you can often batch-process a lot of it - if you are into photography, don't let that hold you back Thumbswayup I edit thousands and thousands of RAW images and it's not a laborous process IMHO.

A real pity you can't have two worlds, there is advantages shooting with a long lens. a good 2X converter would be magic!

Last edited:
One of the Best features on the Zoom Camera is that Super Rez : We have posted some pictures on our website of the quality you can get from these types of pictures. This was a game changer and may never go back to taking normal stills.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the storm

This is a Super Rez severely Cropped : No editing just straight out of the camera. Made to be seen on the 38 inch widescreen.
Very cool and clean and easy. Cannot wait to shoot some lightning in a storm.

View attachment 69821

Super resolution on the M2Z is just a convenience - with minimal effort you can apply the same principle, with better results since it has a much better sensor, using the M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov