DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which of these 2 Modes do you use most often ?

Which of these 2 modes do you use most often ?

• Tripod Mode

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Cinematic Mode

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isaac94

Reactions
As the topic stated, do you use Tripod Mode or Cinematic Mode more often ? I would appreciate the vote of your choice along with your explanation, as I'm trying to find out myself too as these 2 modes are basically the same, it gives the very precise smooth controlled movements, although tripod mode is limited to a certain speed, and is mostly used during tight spaces / indoors, whereas cinematic mode is not limited to any speed, and is told to gives a more cinematic footage due to it's increased breaking distance. So which mode do you use more often ? And why ?

Reactions: PURSUER01
I have only used ttripod once or twice. But almost everytime I am airborne I switch to cinematic because I'm always recording...

When filming at low altitudes < 10 meters I always use Tripod that give nicer scenes. Also at landing in tight surroundings then I always use/switch over to Tripod.

At higher altitude and when I´m trying to follow anything in movement I go for Cinematic mode.

So my controller (MA2) has 3 settings.. Tripod normal, and sport. However when I put it on "Tripod" mode it comes up as "Cinesmooth" mode?? But I definitely don't have both Tripod and Cinematic... at least not that I know of.
I normally fly in normal with the occasional foray into Tripod/Cinesmooth.

So my controller (MA2) has 3 settings.. Tripod normal, and sport. However when I put it on "Tripod" mode it comes up as "Cinesmooth" mode?? But I definitely don't have both Tripod and Cinematic... at least not that I know of.
I normally fly in normal with the occasional foray into Tripod/Cinesmooth.
Tripod was renamed Cinesmooth recently.

Tripod was renamed Cinesmooth recently.
Ahh, ok thanks. The face of my controller says Tripod but the app says Cinesmooth.. the unit is about 2 weeks old, but not sure how long it was on the shelf before purchase.

Ahh, ok thanks. The face of my controller says Tripod but the app says Cinesmooth.. the unit is about 2 weeks old, but not sure how long it was on the shelf before purchase.

I don't think they changed the label on the controllers but just updated the app.. a little confusing really.

Cinesmooth was coined since MM1. For the MM1, you could only change modes within the app. No switch on the RC. Since MA2 uses the same app, they didn't change the mode name back to Tripod.

Cinesmooth was coined since MM1. For the MM1, you could only change modes within the app. No switch on the RC. Since MA2 uses the same app, they didn't change the mode name back to Tripod.
I’m surprised they didn’t change the name on the controller to Cinesmooth then

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929