DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which one?

Mr.H

Reactions
If you could buy the Mavic Pro new or the Mavic Air 2 new which would you buy?

I have been getting ready to put my Phantom 3 Pro on the shelf for a while and play with a Mavic. I see there are still new Mavic Pro's available at a few places so I am trying to decide between the two drones. I do like the Go4 app better than the Fly app but not sure that should really matter.

This has probably been discussed before but I could find it so hope you guys can help me decide.

Thanks

I have both and prefer the pro. Greater control over camera and all of the control components e.g. sticks, gimble, etc. More sensors, and a tad bit more stable imho. Also has more automated functions such as waypoints during video capture. Having said that, the Air 2 is no dog. Obviously there's a substantial price difference. Only you can place value on that.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
For me the the Mavic pro, mainly because of the camera's ability for still pictures and the availability of filters. It also fills in on an area that I am lacking. I a looking more for a mapping type of drone. If I was just going to fly around and take cool video the MA2 is an attractive choice. Not sure how much the 4K 60fps is going to make a difference over the M2P. Im still looking for a really good camera drone, and preferably one with interchangeable lenses. I looked at a lot of options, I am saving the money for something else coming up. I was really interested in the Yuneec Typhoon H3 until I went to the Yuneec forums and pretty much the company is not doing good and there is not much for customer service available. I have already had to deal with DJI on an Enterprise Shield issue, although it took a while to get it strait they took care of it, and made me happy. The MA2 is a nice drone for the price.

If you could buy the Mavic Pro new or the Mavic Air 2 new which would you buy?

I have been getting ready to put my Phantom 3 Pro on the shelf for a while and play with a Mavic. I see there are still new Mavic Pro's available at a few places so I am trying to decide between the two drones. I do like the Go4 app better than the Fly app but not sure that should really matter.

This has probably been discussed before but I could find it so hope you guys can help me decide.

Thanks

We have all the drones and the Air 2 quickly became our go to:
The Mavic Pro is a class act but that Air 2 is just a sweet blend of DJI newest tech and offers a perfect balance , size and weight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

DJI Fly is not that compatible with older devices so you may need to factor a new phone/tablet into the equation.

Also some test have shown the MP camera to be sharper if that matters to you.

I think the big put off for a lot of people is the DJI Fly app. It is definitely not as polished as the Go app and being that it is new there's a lot of room for improvement. The Fly app missing waypoints is a huge downside, even my 4 year old X-Star has waypoints. I'm sure it will keep improving as they add more drones that use it and at some point it may even be better than the Go app in the future. That being said, the MA2 in my opinion, has the advantage in everything but the side sensors and obviously the app. There might be slight camera differences only because I think they tried to cram too much imaging power into a small sensor and it gets noisy in the shadows. It does have a slightly larger sensor than the MP but not that much. It's like the EvoII 8k, trying to cheat for pixel count and ignoring quality. There is a clear advantage for the MP to do commercial work just because the app has been around long enough to be tweaked to suit. It all depends on what you're looking for in a drone and what you're wanting to do with it.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a drone and what you're wanting to do with it.

I am just a casual hobby flier. I have a Phantom 3 Pro now and rarely change the camera settings except the EV level. It's probably because I haven't really taken the time to learn all the setting and how to quickly get to them while flying. My main goal in getting a Mavic is portability. It's always a pain taking out my Phantom. I definitely want to buy a new one whatever I do. It seems like people want way too much for their used drones to make them worth buying. I want to have a warranty. Amazon has new Mavic Pro fly more bundles for about the same price as the Air 2 fly more bundles.

My only problem with the Fly app is I like to go live on Facebook and it doesn't have that. I have tried a screen recording app I found for my iPhone and it seems to work well so that is what I would have to do.

I think point I am leaning towards the Air 2 because it's smaller and also newer. I plan on trying to use the case that comes with the fly more kit so it will be easy to carry around. I just wish I had a crystal ball to know if they will update the app further.

All I know is I need to do something soon so I can sleep again :)

My choice was influenced by the fact I had already bought a ChrystalSky for my Spark. A serious chunk of change. The ChrystalSky does not work with the Air 2 (software not compatible). Otherwise I likely would have gone for the Air.

Reactions: dronerdave
Well I went ahead and ordered a Mavic Air Fly More combo with refresh off Amazon. It will be here tomorrow.

I’m excited to get a new toy. Now I needs brighter phone. I have an iPhone 6 and a iPad mini 4 with cellular but neither work good in sunlight. I’ll have to read up and see what other are using.

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Well I went ahead and ordered a Mavic Air Fly More combo with refresh off Amazon. It will be here tomorrow.

I’m excited to get a new toy. Now I needs brighter phone. I have an iPhone 6 and a iPad mini 4 with cellular but neither work good in sunlight. I’ll have to read up and see what other are using.

Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy your new "toy".

I considered carefully and went for the Air 2 at half the price.

I'm sure I would have been pleased with an M2P, but I'm very happy I picked the MA2.

I assume you meant the MA2 and not the MA1.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots