Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Which RC connection is best Mavic 2 PRO

Standuptommy

Reactions
I have heard different things about which port is best to connect to my Mavic 2 Pro RC. The Type A at the Bottom or the small micro one on the left side. Does anybody out there truly know? or does it not matter. Please let me know. Thank you. Tom

Reactions: Droniac

slup

Reactions
-The small micro usb port on the side doubles as a screen connection & a charging port ... and it's fragile + if you by mistake just once happens to turn the cable connector the wrong way & force it in you destroy it ---> you don't have any way to charge your RC anymore.

-The bigger usb-A port only serves as a screen connector ... it's sturdy so you won't break it easily.

Reserve the smaller micro usb for charging only ... & use the bigger usb-A for screen connection only.

old man mavic

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
@Standuptommy i concur with @slup its best to use the bottom port ,and make sure you check that the charging cable is plugged into the side port the correct way up , its a good idea to mark its top surface, a small dab of modeling paint will do, so it helps to orientate it when you are plugging it into the port

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Something to consider…
Regarding the fragility of the side port, I use the magnetic connectors on both my MPP and M2P to protect it from repeated and mistaken insertion. There are differing opinions on whether it’s a bad thing to have any kind of magnet in the vicinity of the controller. And these concerns make sense. However, I’ve never had any problem of stick misalignment, interference with sensors or other issues.

offtheback

Reactions
@Standuptommy i concur with @slup its best to use the bottom port ,and make sure you check that the charging cable is plugged into the side port the correct way up , its a good idea to mark its top surface, a small dab of modeling paint will do, so it helps to orientate it when you are pugging it into the port
I had no luck with magnetic connectors.Small plug came out a lot.I leave a short cable tape secured in the side port.When flying I have an external battery of the type that charges phones.Charge as I fly.Plug it in at home to fully recharge the controller.

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I had no luck with magnetic connectors.Small plug came out a lot.I leave a short cable tape secured in the side port.When flying I have an external battery of the type that charges phones.Charge as I fly.Plug it in at home to fully recharge the controller.
I agree they come out, specially when I pull straight out to disconnect. I think my M2P controller is worse than my MPP. To prevent that, I rotate the magnetic connector down or up to break the magnetic pull. But your solution is a cool idea.

Reactions: offtheback

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Reactions
Just piling on with the accepted norm:

Bottom Type A Port: I always use this port for connecting while flying, never the side connector, for the all of the reasons mentioned.

Side Connector / Port: Charging only, done very carefully. During road trips, I try not to do this while traveling, but do it when I'm stationary and nothing is bouncing around.

I don't believe there's a difference in performance, only that the bottom one doesn't charge.

There are lots of horror stories about people trying to get theirs fixed and it's not often with happen endings. I chose to never damage it.

Chris

DJI Drone Deals

1. Mini SE - $299
2. Mini 2 - $449
3. Air 2 (renewed) - $649
4. Air 2s - $999
5. FPV Combo - $1299
6. Mavic 2 Zoom - $1349
7. Mavic 2 Pro - $1499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads