DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which SD Card To Use!?

This is what I had in my Mavic. Maybe that's why I'm not really happy with my videos.
Good info.View attachment 56377
That card will be OK, as long as you don't want to do HD or 4K video ...!!! But seriously, not the best- so get yourself a U3 class card for Christmas. ;)

So don't be so fussy about the data transfer speed between the card and your PC ... XC I is OK - Just go make a coffee while you download your flight vid's to your PC.

I don’t have a PC. What should I make in that case?

Well - If you've not got anything to download your video's to ... You'll have time to make a nice pot of tea then ... ;)

That card will be OK, as long as you don't want to do HD or 4K video ...!!! But seriously, not the best- so get yourself a U3 class card for Christmas. ;)

It seems to work fine for photos.. but not so much on video.
Thanks

Happy Flying

It seems to work fine for photos.. but not so much on video.
Thanks

Happy Flying
Yes - you'll see that ... That's why the spec' is stated as 'minimum sequential write speed'. This is important because, a photo is just a short burst of written data, but video of course, is a continuous stream of data that's being fired at the card. U1 spec is 10 MB/s (that's Bytes - not bits - per second), where U3 spec' is 3 x faster at 30MB/s.

Yes - you'll see that ... That's why the spec' is stated as 'minimum sequential write speed'. This is important because, a photo is just a short burst of written data, but video of course, is a continuous stream of data that's being fired at the card. U1 spec is 10 MB/s (that's Bytes - not bits - per second), where U3 spec' is 3 x faster at 30MB/s.

Thanks again

Do you have a USB 3.0 port for your flash drive on your TV (with a blue tongue in it)?
I have no clue about the colors of that port. I stick sd card into flash reader and into tv. from there I play all the videos.

I have no clue about the colors of that port. I stick sd card into flash reader and into tv. from there I play all the videos.
OK - just thinking that if you can identify that you have a USB 3.0 port on your TV (with a blue tongue), then you'll know that it can read off the SD card at a much faster rate than a USB 2.0 port (which has a white tongue in the centre). If you want to improve the experience of viewing your videos, and you DO have a USB 3.0 port, then you'd get value out of getting a USB 3.0 card reader (flash reader) to play your videos from.

So according to all your replies, this one should be OK?View attachment 56698
That's got the right spec's for writing HD video to it - yes ... It won't be the fastest for download though i.e. copying the data from the card back into your computer.

Reactions: Pieter Lubbe
That's got the right spec's for writing HD video to it - yes ... It won't be the fastest for download though i.e. copying the data from the card back into your computer.
OK thanks a lot. Have a very Blessed Christmas all.

When I set my M2P to 4k, it is jittery and jumpy on playback.

So, it looks like the U 3 is the fastest as far as reading and writing?

I want to buy a couple of the best cards for recording 4k.

I see a Delkin Devices 64GB Power microSDXC UHS-II (U3/V90) for $150 USD.

Is this good or is it overkill?

Thanks for any replies.

Last edited:
When I set my M2P to 4k, it is jittery and jumpy on playback.

So, it looks like the U 3 is the fastest as far as reading and writing?

I want to buy a couple of the best cards for recording 4k.

Thanks for any replies.
Your problem may not be to do with the SD card. The M2P defaults to recording using the H.265 codec, and all but the latest PC hardware has a problem with that. Have a look at your video settings and select H.264 for recording. If that appears to be better (i.e. no more jittery / jumpy), then you can start to look at what you have to do to get the H.265 video working with your hardware and playback software.

Your problem may not be to do with the SD card. The M2P defaults to recording using the H.265 codec, and all but the latest PC hardware has a problem with that. Have a look at your video settings and select H.264 for recording. If that appears to be better (i.e. no more jittery / jumpy), then you can start to look at what you have to do to get the H.265 video working with your hardware and playback software.

Thanks for your reply. : )

I have my settings set for H. 264 and I still have that problem.

I'm using the Sandisk Extreme V30 and I'm having no luck with smooth playback.

I've been reading that a faster card my help.

I haven't even tried H. 265 codec setting yet. : (

What device are you seeing the jittering with? TV? PC? Specifications? Assuming it’s the card you are likely looking in the wrong place.

As long as you are using a card with a U3 rating, it will sustain a minimum write speed of 30 MBytes/sec (240 Mbit/s) which is ample for HD video. So if you are using a U3 card, you may either have a fake, or the problem is somewhere else. Do you play-back from the card, or copy the file to your PC first and play it in the PC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL