DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which SD Card To Use!?

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Many ask and want to know!, What's is the best Micro SD Card to use?
I personally use the Sandisk Extreme cards. They have been very reliable!
What is your experience with the SD Cards that your currently using?

I only use Sandisk cards and for all my camera's that I use for video are either Extreme or the Extreme Pro.
OMG, there are many!
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 8.08.26 PM.png

SanDisk Extreme for me all day, everyday. Rarely fail and deliver the spec they say they do.

There are other Posts covering this [SD card capacity] but it is well worth spending the extra and buying the SD cards capable of the highest sustained 'write' speed. These are designated with a small symbol that's a 'U' with a number 3 inside it. Using these cards you can be sure that you can record 4K video formats without any problems.
Rather than going for the large 128GB size, there is popular opinion to have several 64GB cards (one for each battery), and change your SD cards with your battery.

Reactions: dannybgoode
Hi guys, can anyone tell me whether this card will be suitable for use with my Mavic Pro please.

20181219_091527.jpg

Hi guys, can anyone tell me whether this card will be suitable for use with my Mavic Pro please.

View attachment 56262
Not really unfortunately - The U1 logo ['U' with a number 1 inside it] on the card itself is the clue. SD Cards with the ability to support the sustained write speed needed for HD video, are identified with a U3 logo. If you use the U1 card in your photo, it will record, but your video will have a 'stutter' and won't be smooth. The 'Fast Transfer Speeds' on the card, refer to the 'read' or 'download' speed of getting data from the card - what's important is getting the data actually 'written' to the card in the first place!
Look for the U3 like on this card ...
ScanDisk-Extreme-Pro-microSD-press.jpg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
You can use U1 for 1080p, possibly even for 2.7k. Just not suitable for 4k.
Bird might complain though.

I got bunch of 64g and 128g samsung U3 cards $10 and $20 a piece. Works like a charm.

Just looking at more info about SD cards ... There is another rating on the cards that is significant if you are interested in the 'read' speed i.e. how fast you can get the data off the SD card onto your PC. In addition to the U3 symbol, the cards will also be marked with an XC and a roman numeral I, II, or III after it ... While the 'UHS Speed Class' U3 symbol denotes the minimum sustained write speed (with U3 being the fastest), the 'UHS Bus Speed' XC rating denotes the theoretical max. read/write speeds - with III being fastest.

Based on this, an XC II card would download to your PC faster than an XC I rated card.
UHS_speeds_large.png

Thank you all for the very informative advice. Now I know a lot more about sd cards and what to look for. I think I will attempt to buy something online because in my country the U3 cards are insanely expensive.

You can buy five 128g samsung cards for the price of one lexar.
So don't be so fussy about the data transfer speed between the card and your PC ... XC I is OK - Just go make a coffee while you download your flight vid's to your PC.

This is what I had in my Mavic. Maybe that's why I'm not really happy with my videos.
Good info.20181220_083133.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki