DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which sunshade?

ShonnyRotten

Reactions
Hey All

I just ordered mavic pro with PGYTECH Tablet holder off the dji.com
Which sunshade would you recommend, so it will go with my Nvidia Shield K1, 8"?

Thanks

HWCM is right . When the sun is at it's high point there is no sun shade that will work. Use goggles and you won't have any problems. I have three different sun shades from different companies and I'm selling them.

Unfortunately when flying onset as a professional and you have a DP looking over your shoulder he can't see through your goggles. To say that a good sunshade doesn't make a difference is crazy. Or even a cheap sunshade. Putting shade on the screen makes a huge difference.
"When the sun is at it's high point there is no sun shade that will work". I didn't say they didn't work at all.

. I'm sorry I miss took your statement that HWCM was right as you were saying they didn't work. Because that is what he said.
I've been flying since 2011. Started with the DJI S800. I've flown at all times during the day for years now. If the sun is straight up12 o'clock an adjustment to the shade and you have a usable shadow cast on the screen. A good sunshade is to me one of the number one needs of any drone pilot.

If your statement had more to do with glare I could better understand that. Some people can't see through glare others can and good sunshade is all they need.

I don't disagree with your statement about goggles that is the best of the best. But until the FAA issues propper direction flying FPV is a no go for me. Now when flying a dual opp system I require my camera opp to use goggles because that is the best way to truly see what is going on with exposure.

The thread was started because someone asked about a good sunshade. I love these sunshades and find them to be the best of the best. Far and away better (to me) than the Hoodman. Which I find very unweildy. I was just sharing my opinion.
FWIW, it would be nice if you disclose you're the manufacturer for these sun shades.

Reactions: WAXMAN and jag32266
Reactions: jag32266 and WAXMAN
You are correct. My mistake. Thank you for holding me to integrity msinger. That's a line I do not want to cross and forgive me everyone for being disingenuous.

. I'm sorry I miss took your statement that HWCM was right as you were saying they didn't work. Because that is what he said.
I've been flying since 2011. Started with the DJI S800. I've flown at all times during the day for years now. If the sun is straight up12 o'clock an adjustment to the shade and you have a usable shadow cast on the screen. A good sunshade is to me one of the number one needs of any drone pilot.

If your statement had more to do with glare I could better understand that. Some people can't see through glare others can and good sunshade is all they need.

I don't disagree with your statement about goggles that is the best of the best. But until the FAA issues propper direction flying FPV is a no go for me. Now when flying a dual opp system I require my camera opp to use goggles because that is the best way to truly see what is going on with exposure.

The thread was started because someone asked about a good sunshade. I love these sunshades and find them to be the best of the best. Far and away better (to me) than the Hoodman. Which I find very unweildy. I was just sharing my opinion. As was I.

I find I'm the best sunshade.

I turn my back to the sun, wear a dark shirt and a big hat.

I have the DJI sunshade and I've only used it once since it mostly doesn't work.

After trying a few different consumer sun shades, I found that these work the best. And, they're available almost everywhere...

91506804f164aa3e2c4b0f797cf8b2e4.jpg

After trying a few different consumer sun shades, I found that these work the best. And, they're available almost everywhere...

91506804f164aa3e2c4b0f797cf8b2e4.jpg
You are exactly right. I go camping and love to fly with no interference....staying under an extended branch to block the sun with a clear line between the controller and drone is the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Qoncussion
You are exactly right. I go camping and love to fly with no interference....staying under an extended branch to block the sun with a clear line between the controller and drone is the best of both worlds.
That, and I'll second what @Mossiback said above... A black t-shirt goes a long way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki