DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is responsible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it - the drone is of no importance compared to the safety of these kids. It's an unpredictable situation, as you found out. Blades can cut. You are fortunate that you are not talking with the parents of one of the kids about a trip to the ER and some stitches.

To clarify, I knew all but the girl who fired the water cannon (one of the girls dad is my friend and has a Mavic also).
And if my kid did that I would be paying for any damage. I guess I am one of the minorities who take responsibility for my child's actions.

Better to take responsibility for your actions: Flying too low and close to people.

Let's draw a parallel with another, more common, scenario.

You're passing by a group of kids playing when one of them throws a rock at your car, breaking your window or chipping off paint.
Ya'know...kids are kids...they don't know better...they were playing. They didn't want to do harm...they just threw a small rock. ;)

Did you do anything to put them in danger? Well, the drone might've crashed into them...or your foot might've slipped onto a car gas pedal, running them over...but it didn't. Some other damage was done.

The funny moment in the video is that the girl in the middle tells something to a girl with a gun, then the girl fires towards the drone. Now, that might've been "Shoot at it", as the girl who knows you might've been more comfortable with you (and your property) than the other one.
God good, what a terrible comparison.
What point are yo trying to make?

Exactly. He left out a few details.. You are driving slowly past some kids in swimwear and you are filming them. Still your fault and you deserve what happens.

OP: I don't care who you knew, you are STILL FILMING A LITTLE GIRL in her swim suit in a slow pass over. You did not have her permission nor her parents permission. It is not her responsibility to know if your drone is water proof. I would expect the SAME reaction if you walked up to that group with your Gopro out on a Karma grip and pointed it at the 3/4 naked teenage girl. Actually, I would expect worse. You got lucky.

If I'm not mistaken he's right over a kid on a float and as someone else pointed out the girl beside her had or looks to tell the girl with the gun to squirt it then nudged her after she did it .
Whole scene was wrong and unsafe .

Reactions: Rbruz
Let's draw a parallel with another, more common, scenario.

You're passing by a group of kids playing when one of them throws a rock at your car, breaking your window or chipping off paint.
Ya'know...kids are kids...they don't know better...they were playing. They didn't want to do harm...they just threw a small rock. ;)

Did you do anything to put them in danger? Well, the drone might've crashed into them...or your foot might've slipped onto a car gas pedal, running them over...but it didn't. Some other damage was done.

The funny moment in the video is that the girl in the middle tells something to a girl with a gun, then the girl fires towards the drone. Now, that might've been "Shoot at it", as the girl who knows you might've been more comfortable with you (and your property) than the other one.

The worst thing is that the girl in the middle who spoke with the one who shot it told me the little black kids did it. I didn't know until I saw the footage. Imagine if I had wrongfully accused
the other kid(s).

Yes you would have really had a mess and looks like it was a mess anyway .
And after 5 pages of what-if's I think all have about covered this soooo
before it really turns into a mess here....

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe