DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is still flying their Mavic Pros' original set of props?

If you take basic care with the props it can last long, long time.
Here are few things that can damage the props, most very basic, but if you take care of this, you will be fine.
1 - Don´t install/remove the props every time you pack the drone
2 - Make sure when you store the drone (bag or wherever you put it in) you are not pushing the props

Because I want to avoid the second reason I remove the props every time I pack the drone and install them when I want to fly.

It's recommended to change them every 8 weeks due to the coating wearing off. This causes an unnoticeable (at the beginning) vibration that starts wearing on the arms and joints over time.
Where does it say that?

It is an industry recommendation. I don't claim to know any more than anyone else. You most likely will not find a quote on the lifespan of a prop related to one particular DJI UAV (i.e. Mavic, Phantom). Everyone would find a more suitable and scientific answer by researching the design and operation of UAV propellers. They have a coating on the blades themselves that give them the desired aerodynamics and lift. This is something that was brought up several times in commercial UAV flight training.

These are just recommendations. I don't change mine as often I probably should either.

There's a coating on the blades? Propellers should be changed every 8 weeks? Where did you get that information? If it is really a standard "industry recommendation" as you say it is, then you should be able to easily provide a web link.

There's a coating on the blades? Propellers should be changed every 8 weeks? Where did you get that information? If it is really a standard "industry recommendation" as you say it is, then you should be able to easily provide a web link.

I threw it out there do what you want with it.

After 16 hours of flight time, and 140km flown I finally changed out my first prop. There was no damage to the prop, however I was noticing that the blades were starting to feel loose. I check my props before each flight and still manually "open" them to check their integrity. The blades would not hold themselves horizontal any longer if i held the mavic in a vertical position and so I decided it was time to replace them with a new set. The new ones are much more "sticky" feeling.

Here is an update on my MAVIC Pro flight status. Still on my first set of props.

254 Flights
43.6 Flight Hours
362.66 miles flown

I always remove the props after flight.

I purposely purchased a larger case so that I never need to close the Mavic arms after flight.

I never take-off or land in dirt or sand. This helps the motors last longer and we blow out the motors after flight as well.

The Mavic Pro is one very well designed and engineered drone.

Have fun out there and fly safely.

Reactions: Rbruz
My last few flights have resulted in a very bug splattered Mavic. As I purchased the Fly more combo I already had some props in stock but thought I would treat the bird to a new set. Nothing really wrong with the existing, they have served me well for the last 8-9 months, but even after a good clean there were some small nicks and imperfections. Ordered some new ones and was surprised at how stiff they were compared the old set. Maybe the plastic generally degrades over time with exposure to the sun, cold, bugs, grass, stress etc.

Will still keep the old ones as spares, no point in throwing them away.

Still original and in good shape. Little over 6 month in service. Pretty surprised of that since this was my first drone I have ever flown (ordered many spare props with my Mavic order, still have them in box).

I bought my Mavic a few months ago, still have the same props, not a scratch on them.

will it be reset when we uninstall/install the app...?
As long as you are synching all records, you should be fine. I just uninstalled 4.1.3 and installed 4.1.5 and the data came right back. The data is attached to your dji account and not the app itself.

80 ish flights in 3 months on original props. Still look absolutely fine so see no need to change them at all.

Owned since November.. Fly the mess out of it. Six months ago I checked and had about 300 air miles on it. I pack everything including the sticks in the Fly more bag. Fold the arms every session. Never take the props off. I do put the Mavic in a sleeve so it is easier to get out of the bag though. Take it everywhere. Have never had a single malfunction in flight or crashed it. It is a fantastic bird. I check the props routinely and noticed that they are a bit floppy when they fold out. I'm guessing they should be after almost a year of use but so what. Keeps going like the energizer bunny. I basically wipe the bug juice off them and keep on going. Don't crash it or fly into things the props should last a long...long.... long long time.

Reactions: EJay
Almost a year and about 101 flights still on original props

Over 100 flights and only one prop got a very small ding at the tip when I put a light on top and Mavic tipped over forward during takeoff. Very amazing. I bought extra set of props expecting I would have dinged them up good but they are in great shape!

So looks like I will be getting new props soon Just realeased dji platinum's ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO