DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who is still flying their Mavic Pros' original set of props?

I broke 1 prop on my 2nd flight due to a drift when flying near a huge metal structure. Yes, I ignored the "mag interf" alert. Totally pilot error, as always.

I found sideways into a tree doesn't do props much good. Was only two feet off the ground so no other damage than a split in the rear right prop blade.
It still flew after that but I replaced it as soon as I got home.

I'm also on my original props. The mavic was my first quad (I've since bought a couple of basic ones for fun) and I actually think I overestimated the chance of a crash that would damage the props without writing the whole thing off - although it's a good idea to have spares and people do have minor incidents that only need props replaced, in most cases I think if the props hit something the whole mavic is likely not going to come out of it well.

Two plus months on the orginal props. I only get to fly on the weekends so maybe hours of flying is more important.

Rob

I'm still on my original props and been flying since mid November with 23 hrs of flight time. I do inspect them with each battery swap out. So far no knicks or cracks on my props.

7 hr flight time, no crashes but have changed 2 props due to the loose folding mechanism. I don´t know if it increases the chance of the propeller to fail in air, but I don´t trust the propellers once they become very "flappy" in the folding mechanism, so I just change them.

ddc8cd3fa3dfec0448339f7fc4f61839.jpg

Original Props. However this Log doesn't include my Original 30 flights in New Zealand & Tahiti. Includes one crash into the brush @ 35 mph.
Simply Amazing[emoji1360][emoji7]

Been flying a couple of times/week for several months, and zero wear on the props. Still smooth, no Nick's, just use good sense and don't fly too close and hit stuff. Got the landing gear extensions, much needed, keeps camera/gimbal & props from mowing grass/eating dirt. Cheap on Amazon.

Just shy of 20 hours of flight time. 3 original props, 1 replaced due to a stress crack. No nicks or dings, no impacts or crashes, just a very small and very hard to see crack in one prop. Crack was about 1/4inch long, mid blade, running lengthwise.

I purchased my MAVIC PRO on January 31, 2017 and have been flying it four time a week. I have four flight batteries so when I'm out flying, I fly for several hours.

When I purchased my Mavic Pro I also purchased two extra sets if props. This little rig flies SO WELL that I have NEVER crashed it.

So I am wondering how many Mavic Pro pilots are still flying with the original sets of props?
14ce648d6df5b710b6061b135e308313.jpg
over 18h with original props :)

If you take basic care with the props it can last long, long time.
Here are few things that can damage the props, most very basic, but if you take care of this, you will be fine.
1 - Don´t install/remove the props every time you pack the drone
2 - Make sure when you store the drone (bag or wherever you put it in) you are not pushing the props
3 - land/take off on the grass can (after some time) affect the props, so whenever is possible try to do it on a flat surface where props won´t hit grass/plants etc...
4 - Don´t crash ! o_O but if you do, change any prop you see any level of damage, even minor stuff.

So far I have 263Km on flights with no issues. (original props)
Got the fly more kit + 2 extra, so I have plenty of spare props just in case.

12H 45min
45 kilometers
Still original ones...

Is there any recommendation to change them?

6 hours of flight time and still on my first set. This thing is soo hard too crash if you take a bit of care. Props should last you long!
I got my MP Nov 8 2016 ,still using the same set of propellers ,and let me tell you ,I got a bunch of flying hours

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute