DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who owns a Smart Watch?

My watch has built in 4G (LTE for Americans) and GPS built in, never had a problem but I hand launch with my right hand and my watch is on the left. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MA2 317 and slup
My watch has built in 4G (LTE for Americans) and GPS built in, never had a problem but I hand launch with my right hand and my watch is on the left. 🤷‍♂️
That's a good drill ... just remember that the root cause for a yaw error occurs when the drone is powered on, not when you launch it. To be extreme ... you could power on your drone in a environment free of magnetic interference, then place it on top of a strong magnet, take-off ... & no bad thing's will happen.

Some smart watch straps have a magnetic clasp, which seems like a good explanation for some bad experiences. I've got a smart watch, which has a fairly small magnetic signature and have never had any compass issues as a result of it, despite often powering on the drone while holding it in my watch hand.

On the question the OP posed: I have a smart watch, which I primarily got for sports (running/hiking/biking/skiing/swimming etc) tracking. I'm not really into the constant inundation of notifications and facetwittergram checking so don't use those features. I'm quite pleased with what mine does and wear it pretty much all the time. I prefer glancing at my wrist for the time than digging out my phone.
You can always yell, "Hey Siri, what time is it."

I’ve worn an Apple Watch for every DJI flight I’ve made since 2016 and never experienced an issue. That would be across Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Mavic Mini 2 and the Spark.
Same experience here. It's a good idea to know and be aware of possible compass interference. However, smart watches seem to rarely be the cause of such problems.

I have Fitbit inspire 2 and love it. It is a tracker so I don’t have the voice assistance or gps (which I would love to have). I got it for 60% off though so I’m not complaining. I’ll get Apple Watch when the Fitbit breaths it’s last.

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
I use a Garmin Venu 2, and love it. I use it for my rides, for payments and lots of other stuff. I prefer it over the Apple watch as it lets me configure just what I want to see when riding. I have had a few Garmins along the way, and have never been disappointed.

I have Fitbit inspire 2 and love it. It is a tracker so I don’t have the voice assistance or gps (which I would love to have). I got it for 60% off though so I’m not complaining. I’ll get Apple Watch when the Fitbit breaths it’s last.
Well I now have arrangements with a friend to buy a series 4 44mm. So I guess I was lying when I said I wouldn’t replace the Fitbit u til it died. I will give the Fitbit to my bro so I guess that justifies it.

I currently using Garmin Forerunner 745m Garmin Forerunner® 745 | Running Watches :D Didn't really intend to use it much but Garmin Pay is very handy don't even need to take out my phone to pay for stuff :)

I use a Garmin Venu 2, and love it. I can customise it to show me what I want, pay for things, show me only what I want to see when I am exercising, send an alert if I ever have an accident etc. I am a longtime user of Apple products but the Apple watch looked like the Swiss Army device that I didn't want, and was a pain to customise. I have used Garmin watches for years and love them.

Reactions: MA2 317 and eva2000
I've had a Samsung model since the beginning. They're beneficial if you embrace the whole thing if not font waste your.
The best part if you're an old school watch guy, you can make the face just about any watch you want:)

Samsung watch 4, many functions, but I use it to see my sleeppattern, my blood pressure and my ECG

Thank you all for the responses to this thread. 👍 👍

I'm still shopping and I may make a choice soon.

But I hear something new is roumerd to be released and I might wait until then so I can a cheaper version of old stock. 🤔

Much like DJI teasing the release of something new, better than ever, etc. :D

Thanks again folks. ☺️

I've had watches, and smart ones. I wear them for a little while, then they go in the drawer. I think the reason I don't like wearing watches or rings is because of the military. We were not to wear the stuff for safety reasons. It is instilled, and I've been out for over twenty years.
I have been looking at the modern smartwatches, but most are not affordable for me.

I have been looking at the modern smartwatches, but most are not affordable for me
They are fantastic. If you purchase one, I'm thinking it won't end up as a drawer ornament as they are very useful.

Reactions: MA2 317 and Hidden
They are fantastic. If you purchase one, I'm thinking it won't end up as a drawer ornament as they are very useful.
I am not even sure which to get, or the options. It needs to be fairly inexpensive though, maybe a Chinese branded one, not the Chinese ones with an American name. lol

It needs to be fairly inexpensive though, maybe a Chinese branded one
Like drones, it probably makes sense to buy a watch with the features and quality you need. For example, there are lots of cheap Chinese drone alternatives to DJI drones. But, you usually get what you pay for there.

I've used the last several generations of Apple watches. Love them! I do use an iPhone too, so that's why I decided on the Apple watch. They aren't cheap, but they are built very well and do everything I need them to.

I have been looking at the modern smartwatches, but most are not affordable for me.
As noted, modern Smart Watches are more than just a watch in many cases, its a personal health assistant as well.. Not sure about other watches, but Apple Watches paired with an iPhone have reportedly saved a number of lives because of the health monitoring, and communication capabilities that they are capable of...

A new Apple watch is not cheap and this assumes you already have an iPhone. You can of course go used and save quite a bit for an older model. you just have to decide to do it.. Other smart watches also have health capabilities and are cheaper in most cases, but IMHO it they do not match the Apple Watch experience.

I am not even sure which to get, or the options. It needs to be fairly inexpensive though, maybe a Chinese branded one, not the Chinese ones with an American name. lol

I'm in the same boat and just recently purchased a Smart Watch this week.

It gets good reviews, has options that others may not have and is relatively affordable that's made in China.

I'm not athletic but it does do blood/oxy levels as well as heart monitoring which might come in handy.

There's rumors of a 4th version coming soon which is why I decided on this at a reduced price.

TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS

So far so good, but I haven't put my trusty Citizen Eco-Drive in the drawer just yet. ;)

Reactions: Hidden
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent