DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who Says There's a Mavic Pro II Coming?

NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) convention is April 9-12. DJI has a large booth (C2207) in the Central Hall- Acquisition and Production area.

What better place and time for maximizing publicity than amidst the media producers themselves?
I would disagree. DJI likes to control their own releases. They will introduce any new drone with a date of their own making and own event.

I

Reactions: Kilrah
Price Drops do not signal new models, that would be anti-business because ppl will wait for a new model. As a marketing man I know that you sell you're product to the people who can afford the starting price first. Then after you have filled that top-market-price-area and sales slow you start to discount to sell to the people who can only afford to pay less.

Tremendous hype in the last several months about the anticipated release of the Mavic Pro II. DJI has never announced that it is creating a Mavic Pro II, have they? Has a Mavic Pro II been demo'd at CES, or IWCE, or anywhere in the world? I saw comments this time last year speculating about the pending release of the Mavic Pro II, but obviously that didn't happen. I admit, recent drops in the price of the original Mavic Pro tend to signal something is coming, but the only thing pointing to a Mavic Pro II is speculation. Does anyone have anything solid from DJI? Or is this simply self-perpetuating rumor?

This is only in the minds of people who want a little better Mavic Pro, mainly bigger better camera! The Camera Sensor, side & Rear collision avoidance is what everyone is just wishing for, maybe a little longer flight time! Not saying it couldn't happen, but I would not hold my breath! ALTHOUGH DJI my just produce it now that the whole world is WISHING for it, after all they surely wouldn't want to TEE OFF its die-hard consumers! I guess if they did build it, it would be a great seller, but like I said don't hold your breath waiting for it!

Oh, I think that it really should be called the Mavic Pro 3, after all there are already 2 Mavic Pro's Out LOL

Last edited:
If there is no Mavic II, then DJI would do well to say so. Right now, a lot of people are holding off buying until they know for sure.

Reactions: floyd
I would love to know if it will actually be larger as anticipated. Portability is on of the key attributes of the MPP.

If there is no Mavic II, then DJI would do well to say so. Right now, a lot of people are holding off buying until they know for sure.

That is why I think they came out with the Mavic Pro Platinum.. They stop all the rumors about a Mavic Pro 2 when they announced it and stopped all the speculation and boosted the sales that had slowed due to that speculation.

I hope that there is a Mavic II because the camera on the current Mavic (all though it is a good camera) is lagging behind the Phantom camera by a wide margin. I think DJI should close that gap with a better camera on the Mavic.

When I see reviews suggesting that the new mid-price model (Mavic Air) in a particular segment (portable, foldable, drones) has several features which make it more desirable than the current premium model (Mavic Pro Platinum), then I believe that it must be time to refresh the premium model.

Also, it seems to me, that OsitaLV has some insider info and that he had his knuckles rapped last week prompting him to issue his sudden denial.

Reactions: flockshot
Would the Mavic Air not be a Mavic2? Just curious..... more portable, better camera, built in storage and more features??
The Air is a Mavic after all.

Would the Mavic Air not be a Mavic2? Just curious..... more portable, better camera, built in storage and more features??
The Air is a Mavic after all.
Well, is it's never been referred to as that, so as far as branding.. No.

Last edited:
No. This is mere speculation. Where the 1 inch CMOS came from I do not know neither, the drawings too, all nonsense. DJI since founded have always released teasers of its upcoming drones some weeks or a few months before a release via their website. The reason why sales are down on all electronic products, not just the Mavic Pro is due to the fact we've just come out of the Christmas period. The shops in my country are still selling Mavic Pro with no bundle at £999.

My theory: They'll time the announcement to maximize their market share--a day or so before release of the Evo. Right now they're tweaking the software, firmware, and sub-assemblies hoping to kick the competition's @$$es.

As I've said all along, upgrading to the MPII will be a no-brainer.

From a good source, DJI has close to 40 UAVs on the table or ready for release. They have their strategy for marketing that has been working very well so far. If there is a Mavic II (2) which some sources suggest, I would think their strategy would be to wait until the release of the Autel EVO which will be the only UAV in it's class to give it competition. Why release it sooner when the Mavic Pro is at the top of the list and sells so well. My question would be will they release it with the first generation of the EVO, or wait until the second generation EVO with a 1 inch sensor is released, supposedly in 3rd quarter of the year. In either case, if a Mavic II is released with a 1 inch sensor and it's quality is equal to or better than the current Mavic Pro, it will be a winner and I for one will be upgrading my two.
I believe the EVO is on hold due to Mavic Air beating it to the punch. I spoke with a rep from Autel and they are not planning on releasing it soon, but the way Mavic Air was announced just as the above teaser posted by @wowography along with leaks and yes it has been revealed that DJI has many plans for new drones being worked on simultaneously and the Air was being developed and tested for a long time in a remote location, I believe we may be seeing something in the next few days.

I blame the smartphone industry for conditioning consumers into thinking tech companies need to release a new model every year. Look at Apple and Samsung. Most are just minor incremental updates, to satisfy this idea they need to release a new model every year. Most are hardly innovative. A slightly bigger screen is NOT innovation. Some get rushed to met this annual release dateline, and can lead to disaster (e.g Note 7). Every second iPhone model seems irrelevant. Upgrade every second year and you won't miss much.

Tech companies should be allowed to focus on real R&D and innovation, and it's fine if they take 2 or 3 years to come up with something new. Not be pressured by clueless consumers who want something 'a little bit' better every year. It's over 1 year, and Mavic is still on the top for its class and other makers are trying to copy and add a little bit extra. DJI can take their time and come out with something that leave competitors in the dust chasing the wrong ball. DJI shouldn't care what Autel is doing or worry about their vague release timeline and specs.

I can understand professionals and avid photographers/videographers with an eye for details might want a 1" sensor, but for most people it's irrelevant. There are people who would go out an buy ND filters ($50+), because they read on social media or watch YT, that it'll make their photos better. Then they go through the trouble of taking photos of the same sunset over a city with each ND filter, in auto, and posting on social media to ask which one looks better. They don't bother finding out how they work, what it's used for, when is the time to use it and why is might be useful. So, it's the same with 1" sensor. I bet most people wouldn't understand what it means and how they affect the quality of photos and videos. I goggled about digital camera sensors, and couldn't understand a lot about what's being written...

If you are a hobby pilot, and taking the occasional photos and videos in your backyard or holiday, a 1" camera sensor is NOT the $1000+ upgrade you are looking for. If you are posting photos and videos to get likes from strangers, I can tell you, most of these people don't really care about the minor details of the photos. A poorly stitched pano will still get a lot of likes. How often to you go back to view your photos and videos?

Don't be like the people who upgrade their smartphones every year, cos it's got a better camera, just so they can take photos of their breakfast, lunch and dinner to post on social media to get a few likes from people they don't know.

Reactions: Clinton1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1