DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who uses what?

Grtday

Reactions
I own an annual subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud which includes Premiere Pro. It’s a great software editing package BUT the learning curve is akin to learning to fly a drone. The two curves are demanding and this senior is frustrated.
What do y’all use to edit your drone footage?
Any suggestions for an editing suite that is intuitive and easy to master…or is that an oxymoron?
Thanks to all,of you expert pilots out there!

Adobe Premiere Elements is a good alternative. It is the "easy to use" version of Premeiere Pro, made for beginners and those who don't want or need the "pro" features of Premiere Pro. Here is what Adobe says:

Premiere Elements 2023 is video editing software for anyone who wants to quickly trim their videos, make fun creations, or combine multiple clips and photos into amazing movies.
Premiere Elements offers options for every level of user with Quick, Guided, and Expert modes, so it’s easy for beginner video enthusiasts to get started making great-looking movies. No subscription is required.
It offers:
Easy editing with automation and AI
Step-by-step guidance for editing and creating
Fun ways to make and share stunning video creations and movies
An Organizer to easily categorize and find your videos
New web and mobile companion apps (English-only beta)

Adobe Sensei AI technology* powers automated options in Premiere Elements 2023 to make things easy, and there’s always room to add your personal touch

And of course no video editor gives you more for the money than DaVince Resolve, it is free. Despite that, it is a semi-professional editor with tons of features, and can do almost anything you want. Just like your Premiere Pro. But Resolve also has a rather steep learning curve, and I don't think it is easier to start with than Premiere Pro.

If you have a Mac, iMovie is incredibly easy to use.

Stewart and Alina liked Filmora (available for both Mac and Windows), so that might be worth trying. Have a look at their video reviews and decide for yourself. (I find their tutorials useful, because they explain why you are doing something, not just how.)

Reactions: bassnbeau
Davinci Resolve -- Yes its not as "easy" as some others but its VERY nice and free, A lot of studios in Hollywood are using it so why not.

On a Windows set up is the Adobe Lightroom / Photoshop an Premiere Integration that makes it so powerful and easy once you understand the concept

Take the picture by dragging it to the Lightroom Library - click on Design and Color Grade with premade color choices or manual.

The very best part of Adobe is the ability to than Right Click and Edit that Photo in Photoshop.
You can do this same thing with your Frames in your video.

Learning how they all Integrate is Power of the Adobe Suite and its a must learn and Easy once you get that basic concept .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and usethe Adobe Suite

As a video editor that's intuitive and easy to master?

It's great software and used by many professional editors, but if OP is struggling to master Premier Pro I doubt they'll find Davinci Resolve any easier.
Exactly. It seems some posters did not read what OP is asking for.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I own an annual subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud which includes Premiere Pro. It’s a great software editing package BUT the learning curve is akin to learning to fly a drone. The two curves are demanding and this senior is frustrated.
What do y’all use to edit your drone footage?
Any suggestions for an editing suite that is intuitive and easy to master…or is that an oxymoron?
Thanks to all,of you expert pilots out there!
Hello sir, I’ve tried a few video editing platforms and the easiest and most useful editor I could find was “hitfilm express” I don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to editing as it takes so bloody long but hitfilm has made things a bit easier, still takes time to edit but it’s good and it’s free, good luck

Hello sir, I’ve tried a few video editing platforms and the easiest and most useful editor I could find was “hitfilm express” I don’t have a lot of patience when it comes to editing as it takes so bloody long but hitfilm has made things a bit easier, still takes time to edit but it’s good and it’s free, good luck
I had never heard of Hitfilm Express, but after some checking it seems to be a well featured and good video editor.
But not everyone agrees that it is easy to learn, which is a priority for the OP.

For example here is a good review: Is HitFilm Express Safe and Legit? (Review + Ratings) | Online Zero to Hero
but he concludes like this:

"HitFilm Express is definitely a legit and safe video editor. But it is not a tool for everyone. If you have some experience with video editing and want a lot of extra features and are willing to spend some time learning, then HitFilm can definitely be a good option.
But if you do not have a lot of experience with video editing, it is not an easy tool to start with and the learning curve is steep. Then there are options that are a lot better.
So overall, it gives many options but it depends on your needs whether it will be overkill and overwhelming, or if it will be the tool that can give your videos exactly the look you are after."

Just an FYI for those concerned about data collection: CapCut is owned by ByteDance, the technology company which also owns TikTok.

I found Filmora to be pretty great for a beginner learning to do basic edits. Much more powerful than iMovie (AFAICT), but much easier to use than Premiere. Once I started doing a little more advanced editing, I switched to Premiere, since so many third-party hardware and software tools are designed for it and it will never be "not enough" once my skills improve. But if you're just doing basic editing for YouTube or personal use or whatever, Filmora is perfect for that.

I think that while Davinci has a learning curve There is a huge community of forums, videos, and websites out there to help us amateurs use the program with not much effort. Of course there is A LOT to it, but it does a lot. I have no idea what I am doing and I can get the job done with minimal study. I think that we will end up in a debate on this subject. because they are ALL good choices and it really depends on what you want to do with the software and how "clean" you want your interface to be. Some will tell you to stick with the industry standard ADOBE but that status is quickly changing.

Any suggestions
Have you tried watching some YouTube videos and do exactly what they are doing, it may take a few attempts to get the hang of it, but after several YouTube "courses" you will be well on your way and once you get the knack, it's much easier to pick up the rest…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair