DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who wants to buy my goggles, they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First result of googling Mavic Pro Link button is not this forum and has picture.

LMGTFY

That's a hindsight 20/20 search. I searched for "Mavic Pro goggles link tools settings linking settings connect" which were directly from the manual. The first result is a PDF of the useless goggles manual, second is a link that doesn't help, and third is here.

Tim

Got mine yesterday - by far the very best consumer HMD I've seen, and that's after using most of those released in the past 15 years. Pairing about as simple as it gets, the setup wizard gets you right there straight away.

Got mine yesterday - by far the very best consumer HMD I've seen, and that's after using most of those released in the past 15 years. Pairing about as simple as it gets, the setup wizard gets you right there straight away.

If you know there's link button on the Mavic, which I didn't as it's not labeled and the manual doesn't give any description. I assumed it was in the controller app, as it gives an alternative menu location (which I was Google searching for).

Also, the view isn't 100% binocular, so it's not clear. Test it yourself. Close one eye a a time, you can't see the entire screen with either eye individually. Which means it's not binocular vision, and the result is not sharp over the entire field of view.

Going to sell mine and wait doe v2 that fixes this...

Tim

Last edited:
If you know there's link button on the Mavic, which I didn't as it's not labeled and the manual doesn't give any description. I assumed it was in the controller app, as it gives an alternative menu location (which I was Google searching for).
"Press the Linking button on the Mavic Pro"... can't be more clear really, even if you don't know there's one it's pretty obvious what you need to search for. Anyway...

Also, the view isn't 100% binocular
Indeed. Haven't found it a problem, again most other HMDs also have zones with no overlap. On these it's actually pretty small if you take care to position as good as you can.

There's not even a page 2 of the manual, it starts on page 3. Maybe I have an "updated" manual that's defective (just like the goggles).

Tim
The Mavic manuals, not the goggle manual. For the link button location, of the, wait for it, Mavic.

FUN THREAD IS FUN!

Reactions: Kilrah
I’ll give you $200 and you pay for shipping. But I want to see pics and a copy of that manual you reference first.

That's a hindsight 20/20 search. I searched for "Mavic Pro goggles link tools settings linking settings connect" which were directly from the manual. The first result is a PDF of the useless goggles manual, second is a link that doesn't help, and third is here.

Tim

Learn from that. Search terms matter. When you search for what it is you actually want to know you get much better results. In this case, you had instructions, you just didn't know where the button was. So you should have just searched for the location of the button. It is not a hind-site search, it is exactly the same search I did to also find the button.

Reactions: Kilrah
<TL;DR>I think sometimes we can get into a downward spiral in the context of 'buyers remorse', and get caught up in seeing things through whatever the opposite of rose colored glasses would be. I just went through the same thing a few days ago reading about Mavic edge blur issues. I read about people seeing focus issues, and then sure enough, was able to find an example of it in some of my images, and then started looking at the refund policy of my Mavic reseller. It was a downward spiral of me not being rational. I spent a lot of money on this thing.

Turns out there is no blur issue on my Mavic even though for a few days I was convinced there was. The problem I had was a combination of finding photos where I must have side focused and then left it in manual focus, and also my own distorted perception. Now after testing some new recording and paying full attention to what I'm doing, I can't reproduce the error, and am reminded of just how unbe*******lievable this thing performs. Not to say some people don't have defective units, but my point is, reading other people's problems made me go and try to convince myself I was having those issues, probably due to the anxiety of spending so much money.</TL;DR>

Last edited by a moderator:
3 more flights with mine this morning, absolutely unbelievable.

Those who get these as their first FPV experience and complain have no idea about how they're actually spoilt. This is exactly what those of us who have been in the game for a bit have been dreaming about... for the past 10+ years. Lightyears ahead of any other exsting equipment, even costing triple.

Interesting to see what the general public with no particular interest expects.

How much do you really want for them, if you are indeed selling them?

what experience do you have?? This is a complain about 'I know nothing'

This a very interesting thread. I had similar connection issues but it only lasted about an hour. We all know that DJI manuals are horrible. We know their customer service is sub par. But, we also how far ahead they are in terms of their products. Nothing comes close in terms of form and function.

The goggles are awesome, plain and simple IMHO. Makes flying the Mav with the wifey that much more engaging. I purchased my Mavic and my goggles from Best Buy because of their great return policy. I wasn't sure I would keep them as my little hobby has gotten expensive with all the aftermarket stuff. But once my wife tried the goggles for the first time, she wouldn't let me return them. How cool is that!

My point is this. Can't u just return them?

Reactions: royalhghnss
Someone once asked Mozart:
"I am thinking of writing symphonies. Can you give me any suggestions as to how to get started?"

Mozart answered:
"A symphony is a very complex musical form. Perhaps you should begin with some simple lieder and work your way up to a symphony."

Then the person asked their second question:
"But Herr Mozart, you were writing symphonies when you were 8 years old."

To which Mozart replied:
"Yes, but I never asked anybody how"

Learn from that. Search terms matter. When you search for what it is you actually want to know you get much better results. In this case, you had instructions, you just didn't know where the button was. So you should have just searched for the location of the button. It is not a hind-site search, it is exactly the same search I did to also find the button.

Nothing to learn, I didn't know it was a physical button on the Mavic, the instructions also talk about a menu option, so I figured it was software button in the controller menu somewhere. So, I was looking for where the link button was in the mobile app. Because the instructions are ambiguous, I was looking for a software button in the Mavic controller app in the menu location described. I did do a once-over on the Mavic, but didn't see anything labeled as a link button. So, I tried using the method in the instructions, which gives a menu location for the software link button.

Tim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661