DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WHOA! Side sensors not working in Tripod mode.

hidaven

Reactions
Hi,

Best drone to date bar none. Most stable, best colors, NO SHIMMER on the trees! Cant believe the advancement in quality AND RANGE! I'm getting a solid 30-35% further with less interference!

So, aside from all that greatness...….The side sensors work like crap! In tripod mode, they only "warn" you and don't brake, OK. But they suck as twice I almost flew into tree trunks and they only warn you maybe a foot from the obstacle??? Anyway to make them more sensitive? Lastly, how about adding the "super resolution" option to the more expensive drone! The pro is the better photographers tool so why screw us and not incorporate the super res. stitched setting to make life easier??? Please add that. Aside from a few quirks as mentioned, its peerless. I fully contend that the holy grail is to next year put a 2x zoom on this and 4k/ 60 FPS and that edition will go to the Smithsonian. Great job, now address the sensors and add the super res.....lol.

if dji gave you everything you wanted,what could they put in the M3?,gotta keep you interestedThumbswayup

There is no way for them to implement Super Resolution on the Mavic 2 Pro without it mirroring a 3*3 Panorama that already exists.

The implementation of SuperResolution on the Mavic 2 Zoom involves taking a collection of images at 48mm and then assembling the images into one larger resolution image that is akin to a shot taken at 24mm except with more detail. As there is no zoom on the Mavic 2 Pro, there is no way for them to implement this feature.

Reactions: ErikSwan
Hi,

Best drone to date bar none. Most stable, best colors, NO SHIMMER on the trees! Cant believe the advancement in quality AND RANGE! I'm getting a solid 30-35% further with less interference!

So, aside from all that greatness...….The side sensors work like crap! In tripod mode, they only "warn" you and don't brake, OK. But they suck as twice I almost flew into tree trunks and they only warn you maybe a foot from the obstacle??? Anyway to make them more sensitive? Lastly, how about adding the "super resolution" option to the more expensive drone! The pro is the better photographers tool so why screw us and not incorporate the super res. stitched setting to make life easier??? Please add that. Aside from a few quirks as mentioned, its peerless. I fully contend that the holy grail is to next year put a 2x zoom on this and 4k/ 60 FPS and that edition will go to the Smithsonian. Great job, now address the sensors and add the super res.....lol.

The manual warns about the limitation of the side sensors quite explicitly. Tells you what they can and cant do.

"Super resolution" just takes a 3 x 3 image panorama zoomed in to 48mm and stitches them. Cant do that on a lens without zoom. Its nothing technical. Its just a panorama.You can do it yourself by taking a 3 x 3 if you really want. But without zoom its pointless.

Reactions: KONY
The implementation of SuperResolution on the Mavic 2 Zoom involves taking a collection of images at 48mm and then assembling the images into one larger resolution image that is akin to a shot taken at 24mm except with more detail. As there is no zoom on the Mavic 2 Pro, there is no way for them to implement this feature.
Thanks for the eplnation. I did not realize why Pro 2 could not do it but if it uses teh zoom for it, hten it makes sense.
i did not get that part...a 3x3 panorama taht already exists??
Yes, he means that you already have a panorama setting to take photos.

Yes but the side sensors suck big time, not even worth having....and I was up against a wall. I wouldn’t trust them in a tight spot at all. Wonder if the top one is just as bad......

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM