DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who's is selling their Mavic Pro for a Mavic 2???

JL337

Reactions
Not sure how or if a poll could be setup?

I was wondering who all is going to be selling their Mavic Pro for a Mavic 2?
Or are you keeping your Pro and waiting for another model after the 2 or even waiting for the bugs to be worked out of the first wave of Mavic 2s?
(Either model of the Mavic 2, Zoom or Pro)

Keeping my original and buying a pro II.

It’s nice to have a backup. Also. Ice to have something you can use to fly into situations that are risky to the aircraft.

Reactions: JL337
The reverse: I might pick up a used Pro from someone acquiring a '2. For our needs (surveillance recons) the Pro is very adequate.

Reactions: JL337
Keeping the my current drone. For me to buy a new one now, the mavic 2 would have to be either pretty **** awesome in comparison to mavic pro1.

Many threads here discussing the same thing already. And you see the same reactions. Some will, some won't.
Personally I really couldn't really be bothered at all with what other people might do. A lot of people are doing exactly how DJI marketeers wants their buyers to behave on social media. I'm not falling for that. I would only shell out more money if it would be something I really need on top of what I already have.

I'm keeping my Pro for sure. It has way too much stuff already that I never use, and have to switch off.

It's the same thing when Nikon suddenly started to implement face recognition and all kinds of instant gratification modes. I was always used to figuring out myself what the best settings were (coming from manual SLR's), as long as the auto focus worked fast and reliable I was happy. Which is why I still use a D200.
The camera might be a step up on the MP2, I realise that. But the results I get with my MP are quite adequate. I simply don't want to spend 6 months (at least) with try and error on a new drone again. That, and the fact that I still have a Inspire1 that can carry a X(R)5 if/when I need it. Good enough for me.

If I get another drone it probably won't be a DJI because I have had it with the constant Go4 updates, only because some other products (Air, Spark, I2, need I go on) new feature needs to be supported, messing up things for my MP.

Reactions: macoman
Many threads here discussing the same thing already. And you see the same reactions. Some will, some won't.
Personally I really couldn't really be bothered at all with what other people might do. A lot of people are doing exactly how DJI marketeers wants their buyers to behave on social media. I'm not falling for that. I would only shell out more money if it would be something I really need on top of what I already have.

I'm keeping my Pro for sure. It has way too much stuff already that I never use, and have to switch off.

It's the same thing when Nikon suddenly started to implement face recognition and all kinds of instant gratification modes. I was always used to figuring out myself what the best settings were (coming from manual SLR's), as long as the auto focus worked fast and reliable I was happy. Which is why I still use a D200.
The camera might be a step up on the MP2, I realise that. But the results I get with my MP are quite adequate. I simply don't want to spend 6 months (at least) with try and error on a new drone again. That, and the fact that I still have a Inspire1 that can carry a X(R)5 if/when I need it. Good enough for me.

If I get another drone it probably won't be a DJI because I have had it with the constant Go4 updates, only because some other products (Air, Spark, I2, need I go on) new feature needs to be supported, messing up things for my MP.
I hear you! They make small upgrades and hype it up like we need the latest and greatest drone. I'm just wondering what the controller will look like and if any compromises are made from the original MP since the mp2 supposedly has 1" sensor?

I hear you! They make small upgrades and hype it up like we need the latest and greatest drone. I'm just wondering what the controller will look like and if any compromises are made from the original MP since the mp2 supposedly has 1" sensor?

Rumor has it they made a couple of small improvements to the RC. Hopefully they will add a compass to the screen so when the app crashes we don't lose orientation and a ATTI mode.

I'm going to hang on to my Mavic pro and when I have a back up I'm going to hack the hell out of it.

Rumor has it they made a couple of small improvements to the RC. Hopefully they will add a compass to the screen so when the app crashes we don't lose orientation and a ATTI mode.

I'm going to hang on to my Mavic pro and when I have a back up I'm going to hack the **** out of it.
I wonder if they are going to have an OLED screen this time, kind of like the EVO?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute