Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Why can't I take a pano with 2x zoom.

Cima

Reaction score
Hi there, I just got a Mavic 2 Zoom and can't use the 2x zoom while taking panoramas.
Each time you make a Pano the camera goes wide open and only then shoots which means final image with big distortion.
Do you think there is a way of going around this?
Super resolution takes the photos fully zoomed in and stitches them back together, why cant it just do the same for normal vertical /horizontal Panoramas?
Do you think it can it be fixed via firmware update?
Cheers!

ff22

Reaction score
Hi there, I just got a Mavic 2 Zoom and can't use the 2x zoom while taking panoramas.
Each time you make a Pano the camera goes wide open and only then shoots which means final image with big distortion.
Do you think there is a way of going around this?
Super resolution takes the photos fully zoomed in and stitches them back together, why cant it just do the same for normal vertical /horizontal Panoramas?
Do you think it can it be fixed via firmware update?
Cheers!
I guess you can try doing it manually. You can visit the DJI forum and make a suggestion for zoomed pans.

Reactions: Cima

Rockowe

Reaction score
I hav
I guess you can try doing it manually. You can visit the DJI forum and make a suggestion for zoomed pans.
I have to agree with ff22 - The Pano Idea is to get as much into the Pic as Possible.
- So in ZOOM (optical 2x max ) - even though the resolution is Pure - DJI probably figured - WHY ? - if the idea is to get MORE Viewing than normal.

- But I GET IT … you want the High resolution 2x made into a PANO - with the clearest truest possible view - ...
Therefore - as DJI have Hardcoded the Drone to shoot in Normal (1x) - which they may change... You Only have a MANUAL Option for this-

TO help with Quick Stitching - … Export yr Pics into one folder and Use Microsoft ICE - for the STITCH - … Its REALLY Good (not perfect - but really good) Hope this Helps - Click here to Get it - MS (ICE)

Reactions: Cima and ff22

Cima

Reaction score
Thank you guys! It is true I can always do it manually hehehe
But would be nice if like SuperResolution they would just give you that ability. I guess i will just take them manually !

Reactions: ff22
All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randolf