DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does DJI's Geo mapping show (presumably) extended runway vectors?

Those are approach and departure corridors IFR...airplanes at lower altitudes.
I understand what they presume to be. But no plane is going to be below 400' 5 miles off runway. If it's so vital to know, why aren't these "corridors" present on sectional maps?

Reactions: DoomMeister
I understand what they presume to be. But no plane is going to be below 400' 5 miles off runway. If it's so vital to know, why aren't these "corridors" present on sectional maps?
It’s not restricted airspace for airplanes....if you look at an IFR Chart you will see those. And never take it for granted that an airplane won’t be at or below 400 feet 5 miles from an airport...pilots screw up all the time...especially if they are on an IFR flight. All about safety

It’s not restricted airspace for airplanes....if you look at an IFR Chart you will see those. And never take it for granted that an airplane won’t be at or below 400 feet 5 miles from an airport...pilots screw up all the time...especially if they are on an IFR flight. All about safety
Well for the airport near me, if they are below 120ft 4 miles out, they're going to do the cartoon rubber band with the power transmission lines running across the path.

If you compare IFR routes with the UAS Facilities Maps you will find that they do not overlap. The FAA would not have developed the Facilities Maps to intersect with IFR charts. As always, we have the responsibility to avoid manned aircraft even if they are screwing up.

Unfortunately DJI is not going to develop separate FlySafe Maps to adhere to each country’s regulations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer