DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does the display do this?

It's showing you the areas that are over exposed. Turn off the following setting in DJI GO:

Attachments

• DJI-GO-Over-Exposure-Setting.jpg
    DJI-GO-Over-Exposure-Setting.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Dronebow

Unrelated to your question, but where are you located? I have never seen more than 16 satellites, and I see you have 22. Also, that symbol between the GPS and controller signal:

upload_2016-11-26_19-45-46.png

What is that? Mine is always red with a little red R in the center...

Sorry to thread jack, but your post had all the items necessary to prod me into asking
;)

Never mind on the symbol. Just reviewed the manual. It's the forward vision indicator. Still curious about the GPS satellite count, though.

Unrelated to your question, but where are you located? I have never seen more than 16 satellites, and I see you have 22. Also, that symbol between the GPS and controller signal:

View attachment 1620

What is that? Mine is always red with a little red R in the center...

Sorry to thread jack, but your post had all the items necessary to prod me into asking
;)

Never mind on the symbol. Just reviewed the manual. It's the forward vision indicator. Still curious about the GPS satellite count, though.
I get 20 and a HDOP of 0.5 with my M8N on my APM quads, just depends on your location really

I'm in Texas. Regardless of the number of satellites I'm a bit disappointed with the range so far. See that red error. It kept popping up and I was really not far from the drone.

The red on that particular item means it's too dark for either the forward vision or downward vision system to get a reading. I just verified by flying indoors. When I dimmed the room lights (or landed) the indicator turned red.

The red on that particular item means it's too dark for either the forward vision or downward vision system to get a reading. I just verified by flying indoors. When I dimmed the room lights (or landed) the indicator turned red.
Perhaps too dark OR too far away. Like if you are 100' up then obviously the vision system will not detect the ground.

I'm in Texas. Regardless of the number of satellites I'm a bit disappointed with the range so far. See that red error. It kept popping up and I was really not far from the drone.
Make sure the antennas are unfolded and oriented vertically, and that you're pointing the right way i.e. your body isn't in the middle. Also check the transmission stats and psot a screenshot, as already suggested in another of those many threads you posted in about that but apparently never came to read the suggestions afterwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada