DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why doesn't the WiFi show up as an available network

SpyderSkeets

Reactions
Hi folks!
My first post, but I've been lurking since I got my Air last week. This is my first DJI drone, but also have a Yuneec Typhoon H.
Anywho, a question regarding the WiFi: When I connect the phone directly to the Air directly via WiFi, you can obviously see the connection. When connecting RC controller to my phone, I use a wired connection. Just for grins, I used my other phone to search for the WiFi connection that it was using, but nothing showed up. So is it a true WiFi connection (albeit enhanced)? If so, why can I not "see" it as an available network?
Thanks!
Ed

Welcome to MavicPilots! The wifi used by the RC does not transmit an SSID. It is a 2.4ghz signal but not a WiFi Hotspot... Hope that makes sense.

I was asking this in fb group, but somehow I don't like the group, the admin muted me, and I don't get any response.

I also searching the wifi network can't find it. 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz actually is standard frequency range permitted to use for commercial use. It should be shown in wifi scanner, if can recall even the hidden SSID.
Because we can connect the aircraft itself with phone directly.

DJI just coin the transmission " enhanced wifi" it's just like any other 2.4 5.8 RF just beefed up. Just like my remotes for my rc helis or rc cars it is a 2.4 ghz rf protocol. It's funny people actually think it's WiFi ;) but yes you can connect to WiFi through your phone you will only get about 40 to 50 m that's actually Wi-Fi

Reactions: M.K.Frenky
What when all 2.4GHz bandwith singnal is jamming blocked via signal bandwith jammer.
Mavic will return home after losing communication :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro