DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is it making two pictures

wes93j

Reactions
I'm wondering if this is happening to everybody or just me for some reason but when I make still pictures and I play them back I always have what I think of is like a negative that's a blurry picture so for every picture I make I have a blurry picture that I have to go back through and delete my Pro 2 has done this from the day I first got it I spend a lot of time going back on my device and deleting the secondary pictures

Reactions: Kerry
I'm wondering if this is happening to everybody or just me for some reason but when I make still pictures and I play them back I always have what I think of is like a negative that's a blurry picture so for every picture I make I have a blurry picture that I have to go back through and delete my Pro 2 has done this from the day I first got it I spend a lot of time going back on my device and deleting the secondary pictures
Look at the file sizes and/or pixel dimensions.
Do you have one large image and a fuzzy smaller one?
If so, the smaller one is just a cached thumbnail and you could stop recording those in your settings.

Hi

Please check if that pictures in jpg and Raw
Format
If so lease go to camera settings at Go 4 app
And change image format
You can set jpg or raw only

Good luck

Oh... OK.. How would I stop it from doing that?

Hi

Please open Go4 app and go to camera settings
Please see screen shots below
948a23a9203caddba4eada5977333625.jpg
2918086896ed1145aa6dc8a2f05b327f.jpg

Let me know if it works for you
Good luck

Reactions: Thomas B

Hello, this too is happening to me. It was fine one my first couple of flights. But now I'm getting doubles as well. The clear pictures are going into the DJI Images folder on my Samsung Android phone and the blurry 'double' pictures are going into an album marked Cached Images. Same problem as you. I have to now delete these rubbish pictures off. Have you found a solution as yet to solve this problem. My pics are set to JPEGs so all camera settings appear well and good. I did find cached video section with options under General Settings, but this hasn't fixed my problem either. To my knowledge I haven't purposely changed any settings, therefore I can only assume that I've inadvertently knocked a setting off by mistake or the change has happened in a recent update I've done. I'm wondering if re-setting the system back to default settings may help?

You can turn cached option off in settings.
Take a look through your main settings page in Go4.
This is one of those things not mentioned in the M2 manual, so best to go right through various menus, and familiarise yourself with any little hidden things.

Reactions: Kerry
You can turn cached option off in settings.
Take a look through your main settings page in Go4.
This is one of those things not mentioned in the M2 manual, so best to go right through various menus, and familiarise yourself with any little hidden things.
As I mentioned above, I did find cached options under General Settings, but these seemed to apply to video only. All were turned off bar one. So I turned that off as well, then as a test took some pictures with my drone, which is a Mavic Pro Platinum. Unfortunately didn't fix the problem. I've gone through the settings and cannot see any other area to change the cache image issue. I'll guess I'll have to keep looking then. Cheers.

As I mentioned above, I did find cached options under General Settings, but these seemed to apply to video only. All were turned off bar one. So I turned that off as well, then as a test took some pictures with my drone, which is a Mavic Pro Platinum. Unfortunately didn't fix the problem. I've gone through the settings and cannot see any other area to change the cache image issue. I'll guess I'll have to keep looking then. Cheers.

Sorry I missed that, too quick to reply and not read properly ☺

So it's not just jpg and dng (raw) option set ?
(Takes both a jpg and dng photo. Dng needs to be downloaded off the micro SD while jpg can be done quickly via wifi.)
Sometimes raw in playback looks different to jpg, almost fuzzy.

When you download them, are the jpgs like around 4 - 5 mb, the dng about 15mb ?
Dng will often look poorer than jpg before processing, because the jpgs have already been processed when taken.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings