DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why Mini 3 Pro beats Air2S 4K image quality

I NEVER argued with anybody knowledgable, I was in agreement with them actually.
No from what I have been reading just now of your post you seem to want to be argumentative and please stop now.
To all..
Please not get argumentative with each other nor be rude.
It will save me lots of time from having to clean up the thread.
Make your point and move on.
Thank you.

I've seen the ''first video'' from the Mini 3P, the footage looks pretty unsharp compared to the footage from the girls mobile phone. Very well to see from 3:36 min. Not a good first impression.

I've seen the ''first video'' from the Mini 3P, the footage looks pretty unsharp compared to the footage from the girls mobile phone. Very well to see from 3:36 min. Not a good first impression.
In all fairness, her phone is an iPhone 13 Pro which is considered the industry benchmark for video recording.

the drone only needs to beat sub 2000 dollar DJI offerings to succeed for me at least so fingers crossed!

• Haha
Reactions: Beet
In all fairness, her phone is an iPhone 13 Pro which is considered the industry benchmark for video recording.
Not really, according the current dxo rankings, however i agree , ip13 has a decent camera.
Interesting fact, at least 4 of the top5 are equipped with ryyb technology.
dxo.png

Reactions: test2000Anafi
Not really, according the current dxo rankings, however i agree , ip13 has a decent camera.
Interesting fact, at least 4 of the top5 are equipped with ryyb technology.
View attachment 147911
Yes really, while dxo is useless and not representative of actual performance, even dxo mark has awarded the iPhone 13 Pro the highest video score ever recorded:

A4EDB35A-EE8A-400D-BD22-16FA1E1E8C57.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Beet and RCEE
I think the Air 2S is rated for top speed of 42mpr in sport mode. So even though they are both rated class 5 wind, the Air 2S on paper is still stronger. The Mini 3 is rated at 35mpr. Plus the Air being heavier has more mass to resist the wind. Like a big ship in the water vs a lifeboat.

This has nothing to do with image quality
I think the Air 2S is rated for top speed of 42mpr in sport mode. So even though they are both rated class 5 wind, the Air 2S on paper is still stronger.
DJI's Wind Resistance number is meaningless and of no use for anything.
The drone that can fly faster will always be less affected by wind than a slower drone.

Plus the Air being heavier has more mass to resist the wind. Like a big ship in the water vs a lifeboat.
It's the drone's speed potential that affects it's ability to deal with wind, not its weight.
Just like a small speedboat might be less affected by currents than a big ship.

DJI's Wind Resistance number is meaningless and of no use for anything.
The drone that can fly faster will always be less affected by wind than a slower drone.
OK, well then why trust them on any specs at all? From what I have seen from real life tests on YouTube that actually have their hands on a Mini 3, it flutters around quite a bit compared to bigger drones. Video is shaky until you pull way back 100 feet in the air where being tossed around is less noticeable. But close to the ground, looks like it struggles.

I dont know about your speed boat analogy, they tend to flip over a lot more easily than big ships. A big jet is still going to do better in the wind than a small Cessna.

The Air 2s in strong wind has horizon shift, horizon tilt, and props in the frame as well. Watch the orbit around the lighthouse.

on paper it looks good but in reality a drone which does not exhibit props in the frame, tilted down horizon as well as shifted horizon, has superior wind resistance. I believe mini 3 has superior wind resistance based on those attributes. I don’t care if air2s can fly 5km/hour in the wind faster, if I cannot use the footage then what is the point? Why fly in the wind at all?

• Haha
Reactions: Beet
I saw that video, but there's a setting in the DJI app to not allow that to happen. Dont know if he turned that on or not. I forgot what it's called. Basically it sort of flys head first with the cam pointed to the side as a sort of makeshift side sensor. But he's exceeding the maximum wind anyways. He said wind was 50mpr.

Plus, I might add, a tilted horizon is easy to fix in post, especially when the Air 2S can film in 5K no loss of resolution.

OK, well then why trust them on any specs at all?
Because I'm intelligent enough to know that their actual specs are reliable.
But the silly thing they call Wind Resistance is useless nonsense.
Do you know what it means or how you can use the information?

I dont know about your speed boat analogy, they tend to flip over a lot more easily than big ships.
I thought you were talking about the win's speed affecting a the speed of a drone and used a small boat vs a ship as an analogy.
But now you are talking about a boat's stability in waves?
A big jet is still going to do better in the wind than a small Cessna.
And a small jet fighter deals better than a big jet with wind.
It's not the weight of the plant that's the important factor ... it's the speed that it can make through the air.

in reality a drone which does not exhibit props in the frame, tilted down horizon as well as shifted horizon, has superior wind resistance. I believe mini 3 has superior wind resistance based on those attributes.
Whether your drone shows the props, tilts the camera etc has nothing to do with wind resistance.
The only thing that affects whether the props or not, is the architecture of the drone .. the relative positions of the camera and the props.
The only thing that affects wind resistance is how fast the drone can fly through the air.
A faster drone is more resistant to wind.

The mini 3 is not a fighter jet. 😂 Mass along with speed will be more stable. Two objects flying at the same speed but with different mass will not be affected the same way with opposing force. No one has said the Mini 3 is faster by the way. Not DJI, not any of the people who have tested it so far. It's all about weight class. Just look at this example with the Mini 2. It bounces back but struggles a lot more than the larger drones. Apperntly the Mini 3 struggels so much in the wind people are starting to see a lot of battery errors.

Last edited:
Would like to know the nits brightness level the mini 3 pro RC screen has.
It is reported to have around 700 nits:

The mini 3 is not a fighter jet. 😂 Mass along with speed will be more stable. Two objects flying at the same speed but with different mass will not be affected the same way with opposing force.
It's difficult to discuss the topic intelligently with someone who doesn't understand the basic physics that apply and invents their own alternatives.

If a drone can fly in still air at 16 metres/sec it's speed will be affected when flying into a headwind exactly the same regardless of its mass.
No one has said the Mini 3 is faster by the way. Not DJI, not any of the people who have tested it so far. It's all about weight class.
It's not about weight, it's about how fast it can fly.
Apperntly the Mini 3 struggels so much in the wind people are starting to see a lot of battery errors.
That just seems to be DJI inventing a new warning when the drone is working hard, rather than an indication of any error.

Reactions: Pushkur
I saw that video, but there's a setting in the DJI app to not allow that to happen. Dont know if he turned that on or not. I forgot what it's called. Basically it sort of flys head first with the cam pointed to the side as a sort of makeshift side sensor. But he's exceeding the maximum wind anyways. He said wind was 50mpr.

Plus, I might add, a tilted horizon is easy to fix in post, especially when the Air 2S can film in 5K no loss of resolution.
And how are you going to fix props in shot or a shifted (instead of tilted) horizon?

In all fairness it is really strong wind so props to the Air2S still

Until the Mini 3 actually hits the market, my Mavic Air 2 is superior to all the Mini 3s in the world. If they bring this out, I will not buy it as my Air 2 is a great drone and I don't need the latest and greatest until I decide to upgrade. What are you trying to prove with all this undocumented data?
I agree,
while the mini 3 pro is the best <250g and i doubt the next version will beat it (prolly non-pro) its a great backup drone or restricted airspace drone for working in canada.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan