DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why no Drone and RC2 package?

I have no idea but a "drone + rc2" kit for $1299 may undercut the N2 combo for $1350 because if you can pay less and get an rc screen....

There's a such thing as too many skus and if another RCPro type sku is coming soon (along with a drone only sku), something has to give.

My guess.

Didn't notice that.

Last time I ordered a DJI drone without the FMC was the P3. Learned quickly to just suck it up and spend the bucks on an FMC every time, as I always fly more than 1 battery.

There is an RC2 FMC bundle.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes, it appears you have to get the Fly More kit if you want the new RC2 controller. It isn't offered any other way.

Reactions: Torque
I got this package : As DJI is moving into a New Wave of Drones , my concern is the Air 3S but this seems like it might be it.

Amazon Same package ordered.

View attachment 166385

View attachment 166384

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water
As DJI is moving into a New Wave of Drones

A couple of years back an employee of DJI mentioned that DJI always had 20-30 new drone models already developed/built/or ready to be marketed at any one time. To me this means they have a large inventory of new drones built or in storage waiting to be released at an opportune time in their planning. It is just my opinion, but I believe with all the threats by some of our states and those at the federal level to BAN DJI products, their sudden release of all these new models and so quickly after other new releases, may be a plan to unload as much as possible and as quick as possible before they are banned. Banning of DJI drones would leave them with a huge inventory. Unable to sell them would mean a great loss of income from research/development, construction and on-hand inventory. Just a thought.

You can buy the RC 2 separately. As far as I know, the only way DJI has ever sold the top controller with the drone is in the FMC.

A couple of years back an employee of DJI mentioned that DJI always had 20-30 new drone models already developed/built/or ready to be marketed at any one time. To me this means they have a large inventory of new drones built or in storage waiting to be released at an opportune time in their planning. It is just my opinion, but I believe with all the threats by some of our states and those at the federal level to BAN DJI products, their sudden release of all these new models and so quickly after other new releases, may be a plan to unload as much as possible and as quick as possible before they are banned. Banning of DJI drones would leave them with a huge inventory. Unable to sell them would mean a great loss of income from research/development, construction and on-hand inventory. Just a thought.
WOW ! There may be some truth to that,, and I would agree they have better tech as they have other much more advanced drones as we know.

I dont think DJI will ever Banned , it would cause a wave of unrest , not just with world trade but stock , its just a lot.
DJI is moving at a good pace, and what I think there ready for is the FAA moving forward a bit with the rules..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water ,

Reactions: Torque

Having new models developed and having them in inventory are not the same. There's a fair amount of resources that have to be allocated to ramp up a production line. I don't think they would commit to that level of expense just to have inventory gathering dust and going obsolete.

And 20-30 doesn't mean that many new models. When they developed the Air 3, there were probably a few different versions developed internally, Different camera systems, different versions of Occusync, different batties, weights, etc.

Reactions: mavic3usa
WOW ! There may be some truth to that,, and I would agree they have better tech as they have other much more advanced drones as we know.

I dont think DJI will ever Banned , it would cause a wave of unrest , not just with world trade but stock , its just a lot.
DJI is moving at a good pace, and what I think there ready for is the FAA moving forward a bit with the rules..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water ,
Congress is proposing to ban all DJI drones from accessing the FCC bands used for transmission, completely independent of the FAA! That would be a de facto DJI ban for everyone with a DJI drone!

Reactions: Limewood
Congress is proposing to ban all DJI drones from accessing the FCC bands used for transmission, completely independent of the FAA! That would be a de facto DJI ban for everyone with a DJI drone!
That is the quickest way to clear the airspace for the Commercial Drone Alliance. This guy explains that possibility quite well.

12774-TinFoilHat-May-Move02_large.gif

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024mastermind