DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Audio recording RC2

Richie1027

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Before and after purchasing the Air 3, I watched quite a few youtube clips to become familiar with the RC2. Several of them discussed the use of lapel microphones (or similar) to record audio during flight. In post production I may insert a music clip in my short videos, but I‘m curious what a user would record during a drone flight? I tested my RC2 with a dynamic mic just to hear the quality, which was pretty poor and with latency in the screen recording.

So, if anyone uses the RC2 to record audio, would you mind sharing how you use the audio? The videos I watched were all about “how to get the audio recorded“ but no reasons were offered why someone would do this.

thanks.

If you wanted to have an intro of the drone starting up and or taking off you could record the prop "whir" to include in the intro. Live narration of the flight could be recorded. Ground background noises such as traffic, train movement, wildlife sounds can be a nice addition to a video. If your video is of something with an audience, the audience response can be nice as long as you're not flying over them. For all of these instances I would use a separate recorder and use a clapper at the beginning of the video for sync.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas