DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why not more BUZZ on the Mavic 3 Classic?

And I can't understand, why I should buy a camera which I will never use.
On top of that you can get some intereresting filters for the M3C (which of course are cheeper too), which you can't get with the Mavic 3 Standard, like Polar Pros 3 to 6 Stop VND Filter for example.

Those variable ND-Filters or any other fixed filter with single ND-Values are senseless with the Mavic 3 Standard, because you need different f-stop reductions with both lenses , if you want to match them in exposure without the need of landing, adjusting or swapping out the filter on the ground.
BTW, why should I want the RC Pro if there isn't any SDK to get Third-Party-Apps on it? I have the RC for convenience reasons, and when it gets serious, I fly with the standard remote and an iPad Pro.

Finally, like I said, different scenarios, different production needs, different gear.
You said it all right there, everything you just said makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Skyscope
On top of that you can get some intereresting filters for the M3C (which of course are cheeper too), which you can't get with the Mavic 3 Standard, like Polar Pros 3 to 6 Stop VND Filter for example.

Those variable ND-Filters or any other fixed filter with single ND-Values are senseless with the Mavic 3 Standard, because you need different f-stop reductions with both lenses , if you want to match them in exposure without the need of landing, adjusting or swapping out the filter on the ground.
BTW, why should I want the RC Pro if there isn't any SDK to get Third-Party-Apps on it? I have the RC for convenience reasons, and when it gets serious, I fly with the standard remote and an iPad Pro.

Finally, like I said, different scenarios, different production needs, different gear.
I think you mean Classic, not standard. The RC Pro DOES allow third party apps, I have several on mine. As var as filters, give the manufacturers a little time. In fact, Polar Pro and Freewell both have filters available.

The RC Pro DOES allow third party apps

Not for automated flying, filming or taking photos with the Mavic 3s. No Dronelink, no Litchi, no HDRpano, no Dronedeploy, and so on.

The only reason to get the RC Pro over the RC without any SDK released by DJI is sending a feed to Video Village via HDMI Out. Do you all really need that?
Or is Instagram or Facebook or any other App that's already on your smartphones so important for you to have on your drone controller? Then of course it might be worth spending $ 1200 / € 1000 on top.
For me it's certainly not.

Last edited:
Not for automated flying, filming or taking photos with the Mavic 3s. No Dronelink, no Litchi, no HDRpano, no Dronedeploy, and so on.

The only reason to get the RC Pro over the RC without any SDK released by DJI is sending a feed to Video Village via HDMI Out. Do you all really need that?
Or is Instagram or Facebook or any other App that's already on your smartphones so important for you to have on your drone controller? Then of course it might be worth spending $ 1200 / € 1000 on top.
Perhaps...
Not sure what Video Village is, but I do use the HDMI out for an external monitor. I also make use of the additional four function buttons and there is the additional 300nits brightness. A savvy shopper could have gotten the RC-Pro for about $700 last year.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

See Post #15 above.

It’s easy to say you wont use the ZOOM when you don’t have it. Check out YouTube for several good uses for the ZOOM buy people who said they would not use it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Still loving my Classic after six months of flying. Cutting the footage alongside BlackMagic B-raw and Canon Raw lite with wonderful integration. Great dynamic range and a lot of latitude in grading. This bird does everything I want it to.

Still loving my Classic after six months of flying. Cutting the footage alongside BlackMagic B-raw and Canon Raw lite with wonderful integration. Great dynamic range and a lot of latitude in grading. This bird does everything I want it to.
Still loving mine too,
And yes mine came with the RC which works ok but I soon realized I wanted the far faster, beefier and capable RC PRO even though yes, it is costly. The Mavic 3 of any breed is a very serious aircraft and IMO, deserves the RC PRO that was designed for it specifically. Better range as well having external antennas.
This is an amazing bird and a joy to fly.

Still loving mine too,
And yes mine came with the RC which works ok but I soon realized I wanted the far faster, beefier and capable RC PRO even though yes, it is costly. The Mavic 3 of any breed is a very serious aircraft and IMO, deserves the RC PRO that was designed for it specifically. Better range as well having external antennas.
This is an amazing bird and a joy to fly.
Would love to take a Zenmuse x7 with a 50mm up but I just can't justify the cost.

There are pros and cons to the Classic 3 vs the original. It is interesting how that when we start to look at ND filters our perspective needs to shift a little bit as to how one element may help (the 2nd lens) vs how it might inject some complications in other ways.

Ok, Ok, are we lookin' to see who pisses farther or who pisses more?

... or perhps to see who pisses at all!

I think the Classic is a beast. Its a tank and can handle a lot and offers amazing footage.

Saying that, I personally prefer the og M3 with the zoom because Ive found myself using that 7x zoom on nearly every single flight. If not for parallax footage but also for extreme scouting. Im amazed daily at what this thing can spot when im in the air. Having a large Tripltek 8 screen allows me to really "get on top of" what im looking at...

It’s easy to say you wont use the ZOOM when you don’t have it. Check out YouTube for several good uses for the ZOOM buy people who said they would not use it.

I don't need to checkout YT, I always make my mind based on own testing.
Perhaps you should check my thoughts in Post #10 "regarding the telephoto camera:"
But you love it and think it's useful? That's totally fine for me.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Perhaps you should check my thoughts in Post #10 "regarding the telephoto camera:"
Ya, some of these posts are just too weird for me. Ok fine, you prefer one over the other. I don't even need to know the rational, I can accept that and share in the joy that you found something you like. But these posts that assert or infer that someone's preference is wrong are at best myopic and at worst dialectic rhetoric. It's an utterly absurd notion. Is it an obsession with being right about something? Is it some skewed sense of competition? Maybe some baggage resulting in the anxiety of abandonment? It ranks right up there with echolalia in regard to being informational reading. And to top it off this type of post is often very prolific as if it's an opportunity to share and compare character defects. One of the bizarre syndromes of social media.

Reactions: pommy and Skyscope
Post #12 says it all.

Is it an obsession with being right about something? Is it some skewed sense of competition?
Often it's simply about justifying own purchase decisions to prevent post-purchase dissonance. Take a Read at "Consumer behavior" here: Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia .

These effects are also always taken into account in good social media marketing, because it's an easy way for manufactures to get totally free brand or product ambassadors. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Often it's simply about justifying own purchase decisions to prevent post-purchase dissonance. Take a Read at "Consumer behavior" here: Cognitive dissonance - Wikipedia .

These effects are also always taken into account in good social media marketing, because it's an easy way for manufactures to get totally free brand or product ambassadors. :)
Or sour grapes…

IMO it's not enough of a step up from the M2 to warrant much attention.
For commercial use, only Mavic 3 Enterprise is supported by automated platforms like DroneDeploy, the Mavic 3/3 Classic/3 Pro are not. So I keep my Mavic 2 Pro around for those cases. Also the Mav 3 camera format is 4:3 only. Don't know what happened with that, 3:2 should be an option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake