DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why not to get the Fly More Combo?

swooshdave

Reactions
I suspect this question gets asked for every DJI drone launch, give the perceived value of the Fly More why wouldn't you get it?

Obviously the number one reason is the cost. If you budget only allows for the drone then that's ok.

My math (which is suspect at best) on the MA2 has the Retail Value of the Fly More at US$1294, with the MSRP at $988. So for US$189 more than the base drone you get US$495 more stuff.

Now the caveat is that some of the DJI prices are way out of line to help inflate the perceived value.

$89 for the bag is ridiculous.
Battery Charging Hub at $69 is equally laughable. Piece of plastic with some wires running through it.
I'm guessing the filters are the only things that aren't unreasonable.

Why are you getting the Fly More? The extra batteries alone make it worth it?

With the flight time almost double (not the numbers from flight times tests published so far) compared to the MA1 are the extra batteries as needed?

I guess it comes down to how much flying time you anticipate. I typically don't have a lot of free time so I might be able to get through one and may on the outside, two MA2 batteries.

Before I state this I'll preface this with I bought the fly-more because of the hardc ase from Empire Drone deal and I like having the multiple batteries, but I have the flymore for the air 1 and I argued with myself before that deal came, which put it over the edge for me.

Reason not to get:
1) with 30 min of flight time I will rarely use more than one battery at a time and probably never 3 (so only really saving 100 bucks for one extra battery)
2) I don't like the looks of the new case in the fly more,(maybe I'll change my mind when I see it) and I already have a canvas bag for my air that will work fine for the air 2
3) I've never even knicked a propellor so 2 extra is plenty
4) with only 2 batteries can easily live without charging hub.

so for 200 bucks I really only get about 100 dallars(extra bat) of added value that I will need.

That said the fly more is a great deal even if all you NEED is the 2 extra batteries and with the added hard case from Empire with no shipping and no tax, I opted to go that way, but I just don't get a lot of value out of the original flymore for the air 1.

That said the fly more is a great deal even if all you NEED is the 2 extra batteries and with the added hard case from Empire with no shipping and no tax, I opted to go that way, but I just don't get a lot of value out of the original flymore for the air 1.

I think that’s where I’m at, I’m not sure what value I got from the MA1 Fly More. I still have all of the props. I never used the battery/usb adapter. I do think of the extra batteries are insurance. You might not always need them but if you do you’ll really want them. Given the MSRP on the MA2 battery is $115 then $189 is negligible. With the charging bank at $65 it’s a wash.

Thanks for helping me talk myself into spending more money.

With the air one I didn’t buy the flymore, because of the extra cost.

And what will you do with the 2? I think the price difference was about the same as the 1.

I bought the flymore with the 2. The air was my first real drone so didn’t really know what I was getting into. I ended up paying retail for a second battery months later. Do you know if the batteries come in packaging just like they would if you bought them separate?

I bought the flymore with the 2. The air was my first real drone so didn’t really know what I was getting into. I ended up paying retail for a second battery months later. Do you know if the batteries come in packaging just like they would if you bought them separate?

Do you mean how are they packed in the Fly More kit?

Loose.

That’s all comes down to whether you’re going to use everything they give you. Me myself it was cheaper for me not to do it because the only thing I was going to use out of that would be just the extra batteries it is cheaper to buy those separate. I have never used DJ chargers I always buy aftermarket to charge all three batteries at once and I always purchase a hard case.

The big thing here I notice that is not normal with Flymore Combo is the lack of a 12v car charger.
Not a good thing for road touring.

They have one as an accessory, but disappointing they chose to leave it out of the Flymore combo.
The Flymore Combo in Australia is a buck under AUD$1900 (US$1212.50), so even more of a money grab by DJI.

Reactions: BJR981S
That’s all comes down to whether you’re going to use everything they give you. Me myself it was cheaper for me not to do it because the only thing I was going to use out of that would be just the extra batteries it is cheaper to buy those separate. I have never used DJ chargers I always buy aftermarket to charge all three batteries at once and I always purchase a hard case.

$230 for two batteries. $189 for Fly More.

The big thing here I notice that is not normal with Flymore Combo is the lack of a 12v car charger.

They have one as an accessory, but disappointing they chose to leave it out of the Flymore combo.
The Flymore Combo in Australia is a buck under AUD$1900 (US$1212.50), so even more of a money grab by DJI.

How long would it take to recharge one battery at 12v and maybe an Amp?

What does the Air 2 alone cost there? What is the tariffs in Australia and does the AUD$1900 also include VAT?

I doubt it’s a money grab by DJI that explains the price differences in different markets. It’s more likely a money grab by your government.

I do like the Fly More Combo's but I just wish DJI would up their game with the carry bags they supply.

How long would it take to recharge one battery at 12v and maybe an Amp?

What does the Air 2 alone cost there? What is the tariffs in Australia and does the AUD$1900 also include VAT?

I doubt it’s a money grab by DJI that explains the price differences in different markets. It’s more likely a money grab by your government.

I can't be specific, as batteries are usually all over the place on remaining charge etc.
But I am relatively sure the 12v charges much faster than the 240v mains.
I have the M1P original Flymore.

Yes, that's DJI store in AUD, and would include 10% GST (same as VAT, a tax on goods / services).

We pay a lot more here for almost everything (don't ask about the highest utilities prices in the World, we have those) . . . it's probably more to do with scales of economy in our relatively small market demographic, and of course shipping cost for that market size . . . retailers here do have very healthy markups though.

Reactions: BJR981S
For the batteries. The ND filters in this kit as well. I always buy an Amazon bag for my drones and the fly more bags are in my garage.

You can buy this kind of car power inverter for 22 usd and use tour normal battery charger

With the flight time almost double (not the numbers from flight times tests published so far) compared to the MA1 are the extra batteries as needed?

I debated this as well, I had an MA1 that was not a fly more kit and I had 2 batteries and sometimes found that after depleting those 2 batteries, that was all the time I had for anyway and had to pack up. So, while I thought about just picking up the standard kit and then eventually a 2nd battery, but ultimately decided on the Fly More combo.

I figured being able to fly further distances, I would rather have 3 batteries at the get go than potentially be somewhere and end up having to cut a flight short due to the battery being flat. Cheaper to include them in the combo than buy separately, better to have them than not sort of thing. I figure as well, if I decide to try and sell the MA2 (not planning on it, just longer term) that having the fly more combo makes it a more attractive option to any potential buyer. The charging hub will be handy as well, I would typically not be in the room my MA1 was charging and so have to remember to go swap the battery on the charger, being able to put all 3 on the hub and leave it until I am ready to leave is nice. Don't much care about the bunch of extra props, never needed to change on on the MA1, but again, I'd rather have them in case something does happen than not.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec