DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why, Oh Why does dji use a 90 degree iPhone connector?

Captain Spock

Reactions
I had to dremel down my iPhone case to get it to seat.
The expanded opening is letting dust get int othe case.
I've already ordered a 1 ft USB C to LIghtening Cable. Hope that seats ok

.IMG_6860.JPG

I don’t think they are designed to work with cases.

Reactions: MA2 317

.View attachment 155787
Most of the time the 90deg connector works great and helps to reduce stress at that connection and promote long cable/connector/port life.

Reactions: dirkclod
I don’t think they are designed to work with cases.
For that matter the grip on the top of the RC-N1 isn't really designed for cases either.
Especially the new iPhone styles which are squarer than the old ones.
I sacrificed an old Alcatel phone as a support mount, gluing on a mount point so the Quad-Lock cases we use on our phones can attach to that. I think it works quite nicely.

Mine won’t fit with the 90 degree angle (wire end) down but, fits with the angle pointed up.

.View attachment 155787
There are a bunch of those 1 foot usb-c to lightning cables on Amazon and eBay! I use them as well on my Skydio 2!

Search Amazon. I was able to buy an adapter that works great.
I don’t have the image or the actual name but I did get it on Amazon. It was a little expensive but does the trick.
I needed it because I do NOT take my phone, or tablet out of its armor case, and the case would not allow for the connector to reach the phone jack. Amazon has it. Don’t destroy your phone case. Good luck.

Reactions: CCYooper
It might be late to help the OP, he has a cable coming, but . . .

Thors Drone World have excellent drone specific use OTG cables, 90 degree connection to the device, and a spiral cord that eliminates loose wiring, whether using a phone, ipad, or small laptop type device.

They are quite dear compared to more normal Amazon type supplier cables, but they last.
I've bought 2 of each many years ago for my M1P and Spark, still have the spares awaiting the need to swap out.

No affiliation, I've just bought cables (and a Lifthor Mjolnir mount for my ipad mini 4, for when I don't just use the device in the controller arms).

Very fast delivery Worldwide from Norway, where they're made (or at least supplied from).

Reactions: Mrveronn
I don’t have the image or the actual name but I did get it on Amazon. It was a little expensive but does the trick.
I needed it because I do NOT take my phone, or tablet out of its armor case, and the case would not allow for the connector to reach the phone jack. Amazon has it. Don’t destroy your phone case. Good luck.
djwak59: Thanks! Exactly what I want. I ordered a 1 ft from Amazon
CS

I bought one of those little adapters too off of Azon and it works great on my otterbox

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_