DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why wont my micro sd work?

Jye

Reactions
Hi,
I recently purchased my mavic pro and a 256gb samsung micro sd card. The problem is that my sd card wont be recognised by my mavic. I do not think the problem is with the card because it is recognised by my laptop and DSLR, if you have any reasons or solutions to my problems they would be much appreciated,
Thanks.

I'm sure that i larger than recommended, however I would have hoped it would just not read the size correctly and work anyway.
The SD seems to do a little more than just store recorded data and needs to be fully compatible.

Hi,
I recently purchased my mavic pro and a 256gb samsung micro sd card. The problem is that my sd card wont be recognised by my mavic. I do not think the problem is with the card because it is recognised by my laptop and DSLR, if you have any reasons or solutions to my problems they would be much appreciated,
Thanks.
The card may be too big, I use mostly 16gb however I do know the 164 gb will work.

256 gb lol.... Did you read the manual? Next Thread "Mavic Crash"..

"Camera Micro SD Card Slot
To store your photos and videos, insert the Micro SD card into the slot, as shown below, before
turning on the Mavic Pro. The Mavic Pro comes with a 16 GB Micro SD card and supports Micro
SD cards up to 64 GB. A UHS-1 Micro SD card is recommended due to their fast read and write
speeds allowing you to save high-resolution video data."

256 is to big ..... I use a Samsung 128 and that works just fine.

It will be formatted differently to smaller cards, try formatting it to FAT32 using HPUSB. My dash cam will only accept up to 32gb but if if format a bigger card to FAT32 they work.

Thanks, buuut care to explain how to do so (not being rude just curious).

Thanks, buuut care to explain how to do so (not being rude just curious).

In a windows PC, after you put the SD card in a SD card reader and connect the reader to the PC, you should see the micro-SD as a drive/unit (one is C: for your main HDD/SSD). Then you can right click it and choose "format", there you'll get to a windowd with the options regarding the format: NTFS, exFAT, FAT32. Choose the one you prefer and go, aAfter this you should put it in the Mavic and use the DJI GO 4 App feature "format SD card"

Reactions: Jye and FearMe
In a windows PC, after you put the SD card in a SD card reader and connect the reader to the PC, you should see the micro-SD as a drive/unit (one is C: for your main HDD/SSD). Then you can right click it and choose "format", there you'll get to a windowd with the options regarding the format: NTFS, exFAT, FAT32. Choose the one you prefer and go, aAfter this you should put it in the Mavic and use the DJI GO 4 App feature "format SD card"

Thank you I will try that.

I right clicked on the drive and selected format but it only had the option of NTFS or exFAT (exFAT was already the default option) any ideas on what to do now?.

I right clicked on the drive and selected format but it only had the option of NTFS or exFAT (exFAT was already the default option) any ideas on what to do now?.
That's because FAT32 has a 32GB disk size limitation. So it shouldn't show as an available option for any disk larger than 32GB. As stated above, the card is just too large. You'll constantly be wondering why you're having problems. I use 16 & 32GB cards. They work great.

That's because FAT32 has a 32GB disk size limitation. So it shouldn't show as an available option for any disk larger than 32GB. As stated above, the card is just too large. You'll constantly be wondering why you're having problems. I use 16 & 32GB cards. They work great.

I'm using a 64GB SanDisk and it's formatted exFAT, the Mavic likes it a lot :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan